Forum

JHC Gone

10 years 2 months ago #58893 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic JHC Gone
One thing I will add about losing JHC...

NO EXCUSES.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #58894 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic JHC Gone
When I was in management and had to deal with employee attendance I had a simple a rock hard rule. You were expected to be on time and work a full shift

If you had a excuse it had better be good and verifiable

You could be the best employee but if you had attendance issues that caused question about

Your reliability you moved from being an asset to liability post haste

JHC is not finished making adverse news

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton

More
10 years 2 months ago #58895 by Wartdawg
I thought this was over when IC went away.

Go back and retroactive these guys off the list and it changes those class rankings a bit, eh?

I'm kind of tired of this... thought the bad egg we picked out was IC, but it turns out we laid another 5 star clunker again.

Instead of getting these 5 star players coming in and then watching them clown their way to junior college, I would like to see us take a few more 5 star character guys and coach them up to where they'll be 5 star players going out.

I say a new team policy should be if you're planning on turning your announcement on NSD into a media spectacle... we're not really interested. Those guys don't work out well for us.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #58896 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic JHC Gone
Seems that there are teams out there that don't have the five, four, three star rated players that achieve success. Might be it has something to do with coaching.

Anyone remember Boise State?

Too much media, young 18 year old heads swell up. Helps to sell some of the crap that starts to lead some down the path of destruction. Those subscriptions are the lifeline of many who rate these young men.

Another good post Wartdawg. One that I agree with.

bleacherreport.com/articles/1964933-geor...-worse-than-we-think

bleacherreport.com/articles/1965313-geor...-the-starting-lineup

bulldawgillustrated.com/2014/02/19/react...josh-harvey-clemons/

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #58901 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic JHC Gone
Totally agree with you guys, problem is, everybody wants these kids too (Bama, LSU, UF etc)and probably feel that you have to take a chance on these guys. Unfortunately that happens in most all area's of life, not just sports.

It is SO competitive they probably feel that if they "cherry pick", they may end up playing against these guys....so they offer them and take their chances....maybe hoping for a 90% success rate etc.

Catch 22.

PVBDAWG

More
10 years 2 months ago #58903 by Wartdawg
It's virtually impossible for me to do it, but I would love to track the 5 star recruits and find out how many 5 star "misses" each school has vs. their total 5 star commitment totals.

If we could define "miss", it would be interesting to chart to see for example whether or not UGA "misses" on a higher percentage of it's 5 star recruits than Alabama.

If it could be done we might find out all schools are in the same boat percentage wise, but we could also find out that
some schools have a better evaluation process on which 5 star athletes they truly go after the hardest because they have
a significantly lower percentage of "misses".

I don't know which way it would be turn out, but it would be interesting to see. Most are sort of blind to it, because when it is us involved we are a lot more engaged in the story than when it's another university and their 5 star kid.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

More
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds