Forum

JHC Gone

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #58901 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic JHC Gone
Totally agree with you guys, problem is, everybody wants these kids too (Bama, LSU, UF etc)and probably feel that you have to take a chance on these guys. Unfortunately that happens in most all area's of life, not just sports.

It is SO competitive they probably feel that if they "cherry pick", they may end up playing against these guys....so they offer them and take their chances....maybe hoping for a 90% success rate etc.

Catch 22.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #58903 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic JHC Gone
It's virtually impossible for me to do it, but I would love to track the 5 star recruits and find out how many 5 star "misses" each school has vs. their total 5 star commitment totals.

If we could define "miss", it would be interesting to chart to see for example whether or not UGA "misses" on a higher percentage of it's 5 star recruits than Alabama.

If it could be done we might find out all schools are in the same boat percentage wise, but we could also find out that
some schools have a better evaluation process on which 5 star athletes they truly go after the hardest because they have
a significantly lower percentage of "misses".

I don't know which way it would be turn out, but it would be interesting to see. Most are sort of blind to it, because when it is us involved we are a lot more engaged in the story than when it's another university and their 5 star kid.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
10 years 2 months ago #58905 by wlayton
I would venture to say that everybody goes after any kid with a 5 star rating, mainly because they basically do the same for a 4 star rated kid. So a 5 star recruit is a "no-brainer" to go after.

PVBDAWG

More
10 years 2 months ago #58907 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic JHC Gone
Interesting thoughts in #14 Wartdawg. Would also show how the different services scored with their star ratings. Interesting. :)

More
10 years 2 months ago #58909 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic JHC Gone

wlayton wrote: I would venture to say that everybody goes after any kid with a 5 star rating, mainly because they basically do the same for a 4 star rated kid. So a 5 star recruit is a "no-brainer" to go after.

I just want to see the results.

What results does school A get from the 5 star guys they actually sign vs what does school B get from the ones they sign.

I understand everyone goes after the 5 star guys, but who makes the most of them when they get them and who doesn't.

Again... the results may be fairly equal between universities, but it would be interesting to see if that's true or if
some schools have a much better record with them compared to someone else.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #58912 by wlayton

Wartdawg wrote:

wlayton wrote: I would venture to say that everybody goes after any kid with a 5 star rating, mainly because they basically do the same for a 4 star rated kid. So a 5 star recruit is a "no-brainer" to go after.

I just want to see the results.

What results does school A get from the 5 star guys they actually sign vs what does school B get from the ones they sign.

I understand everyone goes after the 5 star guys, but who makes the most of them when they get them and who doesn't.

Again... the results may be fairly equal between universities, but it would be interesting to see if that's true or if
some schools have a much better record with them compared to someone else.

WD, that would be extremely interesting. Guess just see if they were starters on offense or D for a minimum of 2 years (if good they would have left after 3rd year anyway). That way it discounts benching, ST's and kicked off the team.

OR......maybe see what 5 star recruits ended up being drafted in the NFL and what schools they played for....

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds