Forum

Time to Talk Georgia/Clemson

10 years 8 months ago #53227 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Time to Talk Georgia/Clemson
If we get to the Qb and beat him senseless then anyone can play in the secondary. Lets see how they get after that QB.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #53231 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Time to Talk Georgia/Clemson
Very good thoughts in this thread. Agree with KD. The more we hit Boyd, the more I like our chances. Staying discipline in rushing lanes is going to be crucial. Boyd is a great passer when given the chance to extend a play, and clemson has a very strong screen game. Force Boyd to stay in the pocket, and throw the ball down the field. He could have improved on that area of his game, but for what I have seen, he struggles in the pocket. Very good throwing on the run, and executing the screen game. Our secondary worries me. We need guys growing up, not on the sideline watching, practicing for a cycling race.

As always in openers of quality teams, turnovers and penalties are going to be huge.

GO DAWGS, make a statement early.

On another note, has anyone else had trouble with the board. Just happy to find it again. Feared it was gone.

More
10 years 8 months ago #53235 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Time to Talk Georgia/Clemson
1. Clemson can't stop us.....we will run "at will" and pass "at will"..... (and Will won't like it either)
2. we will have trouble stopping Boyd and their offense in the 1st half....CTG is good at halftime adjustments
3. we just keep pounding and pull away decisively in the second half.
4. over 500 yards total offense by AM and company
5. our secondary will gain good experience much needed for USC the next week

UGA 45.....Clemson 27

PVBDAWG

More
10 years 8 months ago #53236 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Time to Talk Georgia/Clemson

Buc wrote: carolina dawg, this is not LSU heading their way. Bunch of young pups that enoy playing football, Tajh and Watson will find out soon enough.

Hey Buc, you and I both know LSU could have cared less to play in that bowl game.

LSU was definetly not motivated.

PVBDAWG

More
10 years 8 months ago #53240 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Time to Talk Georgia/Clemson
wlayton, hoping you have had time to get your breath.

The game that LSU gave away, :whistle: has inspired Clemson and has their coaching staff beating the drums. Like it. Saturday week, toe meets leather and the 2013 show is on the road. (Literally)

Playing on the oppositions field is sometimes a blessing.

What I hear this 2013 UGA Football Team saying is . . . . Let's Go! Both sides of the ball understand how big this opener is. Once upon a time, back in Frank Howard's day, this was a war.

Allow me this . . . . AD5 is dead on with the statement of penalties and turnovers.

Over the short amount of time that Grantham has been in Athens, he has taught his troops the "art" of take aways. On the other side, offensive side, Mark Richt and Mike Bobo have stressed holding on to the ball for the last 3 or 4 years with a passion.

wlayton you and some others are on the mark . . . . the offensive line is going to open some running room for our backs. Experience and depth, been a while since we have seen that on the offensive side.

Forget who it was a short time back on this board that said this is going to be a super year for Marshall. I believe that. Some talk about Marshall returning kickoffs, I buy into that also.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #53241 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Time to Talk Georgia/Clemson
Found an article on Yahoo! that discussed strengths and weaknesses of the NC contenders. In it is a list of UGAs (projected?) starters:

Offense:

Aaron Murray, QB. Stud.
Todd Gurley, RB. Stud.
Quayvon Hicks, FB. Soon to be stud?
Michael Bennett, WR. Stud.
Kenarius Gates, LT. Stud.
Dallas Lee, LG. Stud.
David Andrews, C. Stud?
Chris Burnette, RG. Stud?
John Theus, RT. Stud?
Arthur Lynch, TE. Stud.
Malcolm Mitchell, WR. Stud.

Defense:

Garrison Smith, DE. Stud.
Sterling Bailey, DE. Soon to be stud.
Mike Thornton, NT. Soon to be stud.
Jordan Jenkins, LB. Stud.
James Deloach, LB (!)(Big Boy ahead of experienced Chase Vassar) Soon to be stud?
Amarlo Herrera, LB. Soon to be stud?
Ramik Wilson, LB. Soon to be stud?
Sheldon Dawson, CB. Hmmmmm . . . I'm just sayin' . . . you better get ready . . .
Damian Swann, CB. Stud.
Shaquille Fluker, S (Jr., in place of suspended JHC, available for the USCe game) Soon to be stud?
Tray Matthews, S (Freshman AHEAD of EXPERIENCED Connor Norman). From what I hear, already a STUD.

Why put this here? Because I keep hearing about how our defense is going to suffer from a lack of experience, and I'm not seeing too much of it. Looking at that D - I see brand new guys who are listed AHEAD of the experienced guys. That means they have the athleticism to overcome the experience shortfall that they may have (that's at least how I see it). I think guys like Chase Vassar and Connor Norman have acquitted themselves nicely in some big games before - at least I know their names. But some of these young guns have jumped ahead, from the way it sounds. I know we have some injuries, but I'd bet most teams do this time of year. At least they are WEARING green jerseys, and not CARRYING them in a bag. And those jerseys are stretched over PADS.

Note to the Dawgs: those of you not listed as OUTRIGHT STUDS above - I'm calling you out.

Feel free to post your corrections to my post!

More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds