Forum

Time to Talk Georgia/Clemson

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #53081 by Buc
Time to Talk Georgia/Clemson was created by Buc
Several on this board know that I spend a lot of time “looking around” . . . . Always trying to find something/anything that is of interest to the members and followers of this board. As long as it pertains to college football, UGA in particular.

Spent time today checking the pulse of the posters on the Clemson boards. Came away with this thought or thoughts about our opening opponent. Some of their chest pumpers mix real time thinking it is reality.

Overall I come away with the feeling that their team knows what is facing them on August 31. Same can be said for their supporters.

Anyone that believes two football players are going to win a football game against UGA . . . . when looking at the truth, they are having "hot flashes".

Folks the Clemson bloggers cannot get past their win over LSU. For some reason they believe that one game has made them a National Power.

If Tajh Boyd and Sammy Watkins supporters think they can play Batman and Robin and whip UGA . . . . going to be a long night for those "rubbing the rock".

Time now to get real serious about Georgia/Clemson. If . . . . this is a personal feeling . . . . our offensive line gives AM any time past 3 or 4 seconds in the pocket, Clemson will regret the day that they thought they would win back to back games against an SEC opponent.

I have not one minute of doubt that Georgia is going to win this game. Too many folks listening to the talking heads. I look at the "talking heads" ratings, from more than one source. Why is Georgia ranked above Clemson? Folks it is just chatter, selling space. Some call it hype, I call it chasing the money, job security.

My opinion is that extra second in the pocket for AM, opens the entire play book for UGA. Might have to pull Gurley and Marshall at halftime, stadium will be empty, much like Auburn last season. I said that.

Clemson blogs that I read keep repeating this . . . . Georgia lost its defense after the 2012 Season. Don't want to step on too many toes on my board, but . . . . Jarvis played well, played his heart out. His replacement ain't chicken liver either. Anyone that doubts that #59 was not "all that" as a FRESHMAN, you and I are on different pages.

Grantham is ready for Clemson, he understands game planning, not cut from the same cloth as "Willie". Todd Grantham will come after you, that is his nature. Ask Franklin if you doubt that statement. These are Todd Grantham's boys. I use that term with utmost respect. Believe that.

Time for Clemson, opening game talk on this board. Getting close, don't hide, SPEAK. :)

Opinions are pretty cheap when the game has been played. You like SEC Football, step up, game one is close. Promise you that the folks in South Carolina are chirping about their victory over LSU and the soon to be second SEC victim, UGA.

Go Dawgs, too much talent in Athens to be out coached against Clemson. Now is the time to shine and turn the Dawgs loose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, OldSouthDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 9 months ago #53082 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Time to Talk Georgia/Clemson
So Clemson faithful want to talk about losses. Picked this up on the internet.

•Top returners: Tajh Boyd, Rod McDowell

•Percent returning carries: 62 percent

•What it means: Interesting stat here, considering the Tigers lose 1,000-yard rusher Andre Ellington. He is one of the biggest losses this team has to replace on offense. Having Boyd run as much as he does certainly helps these numbers, but there’s no question Clemson has to find a way to replace Ellington’s production.

UGA is four deep at running back, and we have a fullback that enjoys running over folks. Just sayin . . . .

Buc has this to say . . . . Tajh, we were warned before playing Missouri last season what Franklin would do to us. Talking heads were in step with how good Franklin at quarterback would be in the SEC. Anyone has time, go to youtube and watch UGA/Missouri face off.

Franklin was never the same after the UGA game. FACT. Glad you and your boys visited Spring Game, guess it is time to put the Batman and Robin uniforms on.

Tajh, the UGA Defense is going to introduce you to SPEED. Sacks are one thing, hurries win football games.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fire_dawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #53083 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Time to Talk Georgia/Clemson
Buc, I haven't really been worried about this game. Might end up eating my hat, but I don't think so. Klumpsun has made their living last year beating up on ACC weaklings. And they beat an overrated LSU team in a meaningless bowl. Big deal. I am much more worried about the SC game (I know, I know, one game at a time) and I feel pretty confident about that one too. Truth be told, FU is the game I'm most worried about.

I was ticked off the other day, flipping through the sports channels, and some talking head, don't know who, was bashing UGA's 5th place rank because he had us as the 3rd team in the east, 5th in the SEC. Ummmmmm, what?

Time to show goofs like this we're ready, starting with Klumpsun.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
10 years 9 months ago #53084 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Time to Talk Georgia/Clemson
we will put 40+ (if not 50+) on them. It will be over at half time. ACC is weak weak weak....if Clemsun is the top of the heap then it is really in sad sad shape.......

thecountrynation.com

More
10 years 9 months ago #53085 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic Time to Talk Georgia/Clemson
I am usually not one to be overly confident but I agree with you fellas, we got this one, maybe by a fairly wide margin. The only way Clemson hangs is to jump out to a quick lead while UGA starts off with the opening day jitters. Then, ala SC last yr. they could ride the home crowd emotion to an upset. More likely, it is a close game at halftime, Dawgs pull away in the 2nd half & put a 4spot on the scoreboard while the D makes enough plays to hold Clemson in the 30s.

My other concernis our secondary just isn't ready & we get destroyed by the big plays. Front 7 has GOT to generate some pressure on Boyd or I do fear we get exposed.

More
10 years 9 months ago #53086 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Time to Talk Georgia/Clemson
I'm thinking the UGA "D" is going to step up in a big way and the offense is going to kick ass and take names like it oughta. 35-14 UGA. Go DAWGS! GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds