Forum

Tailgating at UGA is getting to be ridicules!!!!!

18 years 1 month ago #515 by DawgDoc
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Where are these guys coming from? Now tailgaters can only park in areas designated for a single cars. Can't park on sidewalks or grassy areas, no alcohol in certain areas on campus on game days. The "Gestapo" has arrived in Athens. I sure am glad I gave up my tickets last year, cause if I hadn't I sure would have told them what to do with their tickets this year. Between Adams and Evans fans and alumni don't stand a chance. Oh for the days of Vince and Wally. Tailgating has become a sterile endeavor, no fun at all. Thank God for TV.
Many fans are going to be upset even more so than last year. Lots of luck. But as always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!! :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Member since 1999

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• DawgDoc
  • DawgDoc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
18 years 1 month ago #516 by oledawg
The worst thing that has ever happened to UGA is Michael Adams. What I don't understand is with all the negative "stuff" you hear about the buffoon, why he's still where he is. Damon is just his errand boy. Adams was hell bent on taking apart the Dooley era from top to bottom. Adams screwed up and hired Harrick over Dooley's objections, that really worked out well. Adams went after Donnan and got him out, thank God Dooley hired Richt, if Adams goes after Richt I hope the wrath of God finally gets unleashed on that piece of "blue green algae in training"!. How that slime basically disbanded and out smarted the UGA FOUNDATION after they called into question his spending after the audit I'll never know. The initials MFA are rightfully deserved! My question on tailgating is who is going to enforce it? Athens police, they can't even direct traffic. University police, right. Maybe he could rub 2 live brain cells together and come up with hey, lets empty the trash cans more often. Ever see them on game day, those of us that try to dispose of trash properly are faced with overflowing recepticles. Bottom line is that if he kills the golden goose that funds the other athletic programs at UGA (Football) he not only does a huge disservice to those student athletes but to the supporters as well. But I guess MFA doesn't care, he's spending money on Costa Rican research and trying to convice folks he lost money on real estate. WHAT A FLAMING JERK!

More
18 years 1 month ago #518 by jacketexterminator24
Replied by jacketexterminator24 on topic Re: Tailgating at UGA is getting to be ridicules!!!!!
Ole Dawg, I couldn't agree more! Michael Adams is a bag of Deusche! Why does he give a s*** where people park? Tailgating in certain places on gameday is a traditon, fighting for a parking spot in Athens is a tradition, and he's gonna start sucking the life out of the UGA fan base the way he's going. Fans are gonna stop showing up due to the fact that the price of parking is more than the price of the tickets themselves! The sooner we get rid of adams the better.

• jacketexterminator24
  • Visitor
18 years 1 month ago #519 by Dawgforlife
I just wish that I could go to all the games.

• Dawgforlife
  • Visitor
17 years 10 months ago #552 by dapolla
He's the Regents' butt-boy and that's why he still has his job. I was in attendance at UGA Grad school when he received a no-confidence vote from the Franklin College Senate. I was at the homecoming game against Vandy in 2003 when he got booed so loudly in the student section you couldn't hear the Redcoat Band. I was one of the many students who got short-changed when he used $100,000 worth of University money (per year!) to hire a useless "liason" to the Athens-Clarke County Gov't and then jacked up the price of tuition while at the same time cutting loose a tenth of the non-tenured faculty, firing my building's head custodian, Forrest, and forcing him to work at Wal-Mart.

One time I saw him and his family, clad head-to-toe in furs, shopping at Winn-Dixie across from the Athens Country Club. I had to fight the urge to stab him with a carrot in the produce section.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 9 months ago #5167 by LimeyDawg
How much money would it cost to buy time on the score board to post a message demanding his resignation? If it were done at every game, seen on National TV, who knows??? Hmmmmm, I wonder...

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds