Forum

Sign us up!

16 years 9 months ago #5155 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Sign us up!
I dunno....Michigan fans? Kirk Herbstreit?

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #5196 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Sign us up!
dapolla wrote:

I dunno....Michigan fans? Kirk Herbstreit?

Have you heard any humans say that?

GATA! Woof!

More
16 years 9 months ago #5204 by dapolla
You know, come to think of it, no!

Herbstreit has to say that Michigan would dominate so that when his Buckeyes beat the Wolverines -- AGAIN -- it seems as if that rivalry means something.

I hate all this talk about Michigan-Ohio State being the biggest rivalry in college football. Our rivalries with Tech, Auburn and Florida are bigger. The Auburn-Alabama game is FAR bigger. The Tennessee-Alabama rivalry is such that, on that Saturday, both states SHUT DOWN. My wife went to high school in Tennessee, was on her school's marching band. She said that state competitions were always on that weekend, and that the band was split down the middle. There were no abstainers, either, you HAD to choose a side.

I just hate Michigan-Ohio State being sold to us on ESPN as the biggest rivalry just because they say it is. It's like the Duke-Carolina basketball rivalry (although I live in NC, and believe me, that's about as big as some of our football rivalries) or the Red Sox-Yankees deal. They overhype it and take away some of its meaning and grandeur.

Oh, and I would venture to say (and RxCowboy can probably back me up) that the Bedlam Series is far bigger than OSU-UM.

More
16 years 9 months ago #5215 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Sign us up!
Herbstreit is a moron.
Don't forget Army-Navy. Great rivalry, always an entertaining game to watch. Much better than the Big 2 snoozefest.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
16 years 9 months ago #5226 by dapolla
I forgot about Army-Navy! That really is a fantastic game to watch. And unlike the Egg Bowl or The Big Game or any other rivalry game, it's exciting to watch for non-fanatics, even when both teams are terrible.

Plus, it has the best post-game ritual PERIOD.

Better than OSU-Mich? Oh, yeah, by a long shot.

More
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds