Forum

Sign us up!

16 years 9 months ago #4956 by UGAChemDawg
Sign us up! was created by UGAChemDawg
Michigan and Notre Dame are looking for opponents after their series with each other runs out in 2011:

sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2948275

I'd love to see the Dawgs have a home and away series with either of those two for a couple years.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 9 months ago #4959 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Sign us up!
I wouldn't mind a game in The Big House in 2015. Seventieth anniversary of the big hurt we laid on them in '65?

\"I said 'Well, I know that they are not that fast, because I am not that slow.' And so I figured if they [two Michigan defenders] were in front of me then there was nobody behind me. So I just reversed my field, and it was like a punt return.\"
- Kirby Moore, quarterback, on his sneak around end for more than
thirty yards vs. Michigan, 1965. Georgia 15, Michigan 7

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 9 months ago #5129 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Re:Sign us up!
All I hear about down here in purgatory is how great the northern schools are. \"Michigan would dominate the SEC.\" It's enough to make me sick. I'd love us to be in a series with them just to stop the grey hairs (who already whine enough) from spouting off at the mouth.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
16 years 9 months ago #5130 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:Sign us up!
dapolla wrote:

I wouldn't mind a game in The Big House in 2015. Seventieth anniversary of the big hurt we laid on them in '65?

\"I said 'Well, I know that they are not that fast, because I am not that slow.' And so I figured if they [two Michigan defenders] were in front of me then there was nobody behind me. So I just reversed my field, and it was like a punt return.\"
- Kirby Moore, quarterback, on his sneak around end for more than
thirty yards vs. Michigan, 1965. Georgia 15, Michigan 7

I am not one to quibble over small things, but according to my math......

2015-1965 = 50 and not 70?

I saw an interview with a former Iowa player saying that playing at Michigan swas in no way intimidating at all because the stadium is so big and shaped like a platter that the fans are far from the field and not really loud.

He said Wisconsin was the worst in the big 10 for opponents.

More
16 years 9 months ago #5144 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Sign us up!
Shoot. It is 50 years. Why did I write 70?

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 9 months ago #5152 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Sign us up!
Who have you heard say that Michigan would dominate the SEC? As over-rated annually as the Big 10 is, and as much as media-types suck up to them, I'm not sure anyone is quite demented enough to make such a statement.

GATA! Woof!

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds