Forum

If you've got "vol" in your name...

17 years 6 months ago #922 by dapolla
Why am I agreeing with obvious Vols impostors?

Our offense only scored 17 points, folks. That's not looking good, that's doing just enough to get by, assuming your defense holds the other team to under 14 AND that your special teams score two touchdowns. Who ever heard of scoring touchdowns on a punt return and a kickoff return and still losing the game, and by that much?

I'm angry. I was at the game. Come to think of it, I've been to two Tennessee games in my life, and we've lost both of them, and stupidly. Perhaps it's me...I'm not going to go to UT games anymore.

To sum up:

1) We blitzed Ainge once, sacked him, and then stopped blitzing him. Never more than four in the box. Come on, Willie!

2) I'm a very large Joe T. fan. That said, we have MAJOR quarterback issues this year. Neither JC or MS are ready, and I'm afraid we've put MS in too early...what if he never matures? Joe T is NOT a big arm; he's good for one or two big passes a game, as we saw Saturday night. I hate to say "rebuilding year" when we've got this much talent, but in the gulf between Greenie/Shockley and Cox/Stafford, I'm afraid that's what this year is.

3) I'm excited about our running game. We seem to have finally found a starter in Kregg Lumpkin, and the guy looks Herschel-esque when he gets enough touches. What were we doing only handing him the ball 13 times? It's not like they were legitimately stopping the run; we averaged 7.5 yards per carry. UT didn't make Joe T beat them with his arm, Mark Richt did that. Lumpkin carries the ball 13 times for 62 yards...imagine what could happen if we just flat announced that he was our starter, period, and gave him the ball 20-25 times a game? What were we doing having Joe T dump the ball off to him in short pass routes?

4) ARRRGGGHHH!!! CMR does this to me every year. One or two stupid losses. EVERY YEAR.

I love them Dawgs. We're gonna take it out on the 'Dores and the hapless M-Dawgs the next two weeks and warm up for the Cocktail Pa...oops, I mean the Florida game. Hey...the last time we lost to Tennessee, WE BEAT FLORIDA. Don't forget that!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 6 months ago #1072 by DawgNeil

1) We blitzed Ainge once, sacked him, and then stopped blitzing him. Never more than four in the box. Come on, Willie!

Good god, what game were you watching?

We blitzed Ainge several times if not more in the 2nd half alone. The problem was our LB's never got past the line of scrimmage.

I see that posted all the time on boards.....

• DawgNeil
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1073 by copout8
If you dont know alreay im a VOL fan and if they were blitzing several times i cant beleive the o-line actually stopped the pressure! Florida killed us with there pass rush!

• copout8
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.022 seconds