Forum

UT

17 years 6 months ago #881 by oledawg
UT was created by oledawg
We proved we have an offense, we executed and played with intensity the first half. Can't say enough about the way we played football for the first 30 minutes, good job guys. The second half UT did what they had to do and that was make JT beat them with his arm,...)*(*%&$^^(*...turnovers killed us. UT played perfect ball in the second half and we got blown out, Ainge had all day to throw. We lost the intensity and got sloppy for the last 30 minutes. Gotta play lights out for 60 minutes. 5 and 1 isn't too bad for the half way point especially with all the questions we had going into this year.

With all that happened today in the SEC today its still gonna be interesting, the only team looking good is UF but they get the Barners next week. AU should be motivated so we'll see,.... this ain't over yet, there's still a lot of SEC football to get through. Injuries and the funny way that pigskin bounces can still make it a scramble.
Vandy next week. GO DAWGS!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• oledawg
  • oledawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
17 years 6 months ago #882 by FL_Dawg_Fan
Replied by FL_Dawg_Fan on topic Re: UT
I agree oledawg! No matter how disappointed I am in the outcome of the game, I'm still happy with the overall season to date. Our defensive front just couldn't put enough pressure on Ainge to make a difference. Our first half offense and the overall play of the special teams (except for that one punt) was impressive. If we can just find a way to pull it all together for an entire game over the next two weeks......Jacksonville is going to be a VERY interesting game!

On another note........Arkansas?? LOL...wow.....just wow!!

-Kevin

• FL_Dawg_Fan
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #884 by chinesebulldog
Replied by chinesebulldog on topic Re: UT
I am new here.
The first game I watched after came to UGA was David Greene's last mintue toughdown to Waston in 2001. After that I started watching football, which I did not know what it is before.
I am lucky to have seen the great Richt's era from the beginning.
I think what I am trying to say is even after the loss to UT I still love UGA football. We still get a couple good games to come. Beating UF or AU or both will still be awesome.
Joe T. proved he can not live up to Greene or D.J's level. Maybe we should let the young guns play for the rest of the season cuz Joe T. is leaving anyway.

• chinesebulldog
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #885 by RR-Dawg
Replied by RR-Dawg on topic Re: UT
Yeah...WOW...I had to make a quick dash for the pc and let all my Arky friends know "Great game for you guys. Please no comment." BUT, I have to say I was pleased. It wasn't a win. However, it was better than I first thought about going into this game. Now if we lick our wounds and get Ws the rest of the season (mainly AU and UF. Sorry but I have to say Tech is scaring me too.), this will be an interesting season for the SEC (who gets #1). Our kick and punt returns for TDs win games but breaking down in the second half on O (3 INT) and D (How many TDs? *been drinking*) does NOT. Tenn. did good on their part. All in all, not a win but a good TOUGH game. F*#%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IS IT SO WRONG TO WANT A NATIONAL TITLE!?!?!? sorry, I'm just gonna go over here and suspend this rope from a beam and clean my shotgun.

The writer of this is in no form or fashion going to kill himself. However, he will continue to drink heavily which may result in death but won't be suicide.

• RR-Dawg
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #886 by Skum
Replied by Skum on topic Re: UT
I went to bed when we where up 17-7.. thinking that we would have had this one.. we looked like we were on top, and then i see that Ten. has scored 51 points in the game..

What a joke.. how can you give up so many points..

• Skum
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #887 by ngadog
Replied by ngadog on topic Re: UT
I do not feel so great about this as some of you seem to. The offense scored more than I thought they would, but the defesive scheme did not work. If you can't put any pressure on Ainge--he picks you apart. If four couldn't get to him, why not send more? The dawgs did't seem to blitz much. This game causes me to have a lot of concerns vs Auburn, FLorida, and GA Tech. I do not see problems vs Vandy, Kentucky, and Miss State, but I do the other 3.

• ngadog
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds