Forum

Gamplan

17 years 7 months ago #708 by southernlover
Gamplan was created by southernlover
It was a slow start but we looked good in a lot of areas. Own worst enemy with all the third down penalties. Anyway, I watched the game using espn.com's gameplan and it was a really good. I would definltely recommend it if your like me and didn't have the cable option due to my area and provider. GREAT tribute to Erk at halftime. Go dawgs!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• southernlover
  • southernlover's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
17 years 7 months ago #711 by jacketexterminator24
Replied by jacketexterminator24 on topic Re: Gamplan
The Dawgs didn't look bad and Stafford looked pretty good. Obviously by the score 34-0 over a UAB team that two weeks ago scared the crap out of Oklahoma. Only problems i saw werethe penalties, some missed blocks by the offensive line that cost us two sacks on one drive, and our receivers dropping key passes. Overall the receivers made better catches but there were a few key misses on third down. The penalties I would attribute to us being a young team and its just something you learn with age and experience. The offensive line just got flat out overloaded and beat on only two occasions, which both led to sacks. Stafford probably could have thrown the ball away on one of the sacks, but was totally blindsided bny the other. Defense looked tenacious, and our special teams never ceases to amaze me this year. Let's continue this shutout streak for ERK and let's pull for stafford, because he is our future. GO DAWGS! SEE YA NEXT WEEK!

• jacketexterminator24
  • Visitor
17 years 7 months ago #712 by oledawg
Replied by oledawg on topic Re: Gamplan
Agreed. Our defense is improving each game and what strikes me is the fact that our defensive ends were not as dominent as advertised. We played a good game on defense and other than the hype given to the ends we don't have big names like in the past. My opinion is that it makes for more teamwork and covering each others backside. Our defense is playing together like a team!

Offensively we have gotten good performance out of our backs to date with solid running. Guess it'll be only a matter of time before we get the big runs as our offensive line matures. Anyone know what the deal on Momass is, he didn't dress out for this one. Stafford looked good on the short to intermediate throws, boy sure throws a pretty ball. Tight spirals are a lot easier to catch. Our receivers need to help the QB when there is a blitz or scramble and get seperation so the QB can unload it with positive results. Thats something for them to work on, its their responsibility to slide to an open area, or come back to the QB. NOT JUST STAND THERE! Stafford is getting better probably because CMR is adjusting the offensive scheme to match his knowledge base at this point. My dismay based upon hear say and watching his HS tape is that at this level he has not yet gotten the accuracy for the deep ball . ( ala Greene /Shockley)I'm guessing its lack of QB/receiver comfort that comes with working together. The fades and deep routes were overthrown. It also might be his mind set for not making a mistake at this juncture.

Some pretty horrid calls by the refs against us. (interference calls and didn't call the one in our EZ against them) But HOW did UAB get a delay of game on defense? Thats a new one on me?????? Don't blame UAB for rasin cane on that one.

We've got to get a lot better. After watching UF shut down UT and turning them into a 1 dimentional offense, and the AU/LSU slug fest we've got to get a lot better. These early games are good testing and experience games but come next month we need to have it all together. Just an opinion. As always GO DAWGS!!!!!

More
17 years 7 months ago #716 by duck
Replied by duck on topic Re: Gamplan
you are right oldedawg, from what i saw in the tenn,fla and auburn/lsu games we must improve on our offence. i feel our defence can hold it own, but fla,lsu and aub have some pretty good weapons on offence. i think our d is good enough, but if we have no offence and d has to stay on the field for to long then we are in trouble. we must have a balanced offence with our 3 backs running and the receivers must catch those balls that are catchable. i just hope our guys are focused and do not take this colorado team lightly. they have something to prove and we must take care of business early and often.

as always

go dawgs

duck

More
17 years 7 months ago #718 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic Re: Gamplan
:?: :?: :?: We have been lucky with our schedule so far. It could'nt have been set up better for a freshman QB and a this O line. Our defence has been great, but they can't play the whole game. Really our guys haven't played a strong team yet. Duck, you mentioned UAB almost beating OK. Well the Oregon Ducks did just that last weekend. So much for the powers of UAB. We have another snoozer coming up this Sat. against Col. After that we play mighty OLE MISS, another weak team. We could have two more shuts outs and then the BIG BOYS come to play. Tenn., Fla., and Auburn. Vandy may not be a cake walk and neither will Kentucky. I just feel many of our fans and graduates are not being realistic. Our offence has got to step it up and give our defence a rest. Two many dropped passes, two many penalties and two many fumbles. These things will beat you, if your playing a good team. I am impressed with our young QB. He is learning under fire and it's a hard lesson. We may be able to beat some of those good teams, but in order to do so, we need to improve very quickly. With that said, let's go play good ole hard nose football. We may shake a few acorns out of the trees.
Hope so anyway. As always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
PS: Thank God for a stable of great running backs, they may be our salvation.

Member since 1999

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds