Forum

CU UGA game, questions from a CU BUFF fan

17 years 7 months ago #707 by slm4Buffs
Myself and six family members will be coming to the UGA-CU game next weekend and I have a few questions.

1. We will have two cars and would like to tailgate with UGA fans and from what I have found through some research of UGA game days parking can be hard to find, so I'm hoping for either:
A. being able to purchase two parking passes close to the stadium prior to the game so we have our parking spot settled, or
B. advise on where to park.

2. The game is a 12:30 kick off, how early should we plan on arriving?

3. How much time should be allowed to walk to the stadium (assuming we get good parking) and get seated in order to see kick off?

Thanks in advance and no punking us Buff fans, we know CU isn't all that good, but there is no way I can pass up seeing a Buff game at your stadium.

GO BUFFS!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• slm4Buffs
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 7 months ago #709 by oledawg
Replied by oledawg on topic Re: CU UGA game, questions from a CU BUFF fan
Go to google maps and you can see most of what you need. I live in Knoxville TN and go to all the home games i can. I come in on Jefferson HWY (I-85 out of ATL to Jefferson exit)and avoid all the traffic from ATL HWY from Lawrenceville. Stay in the left lane after you cross the loop 10 intersection because there is a right turn only that will take you to Broad Street and it gets complicated for directions. After the right turn only start looking for parking areas cause you are about 4 blks north of the campus that is bordered on the north by Broad St. If you want to get closer you'll have to go over to Broad and go south on Lumpkin to get close to the stadium. Getting out of town I go out 441 to Commerce GA then take 85 back to ATL cause its less traffic than ATL HWY or Jefferson Hwy and quicker though a little longer milage wise.

Hope you and your family have a great time in Athens and hope the southern hospitality leaves a very favorable impression. Most UGA fans are good folks, got a question just ask. By the way let me extend a welcome ahead of time to UGA and Athens. If you have more questions just ask. I'm sure my way isn't the only way and others may have a better way.

More
17 years 7 months ago #710 by oledawg
Replied by oledawg on topic Re: CU UGA game, questions from a CU BUFF fan
Oh, since you're not familiar with Athens and the kickoff is 12:30 I'd try to get into Athens by about 9 and have time to find parking and set up. If you want better parking, PM me and I'll try to get you over to a closer parking, near a resturant with BBQ, burgers, etc. that's about 2-3 blocks from the stadium. Or you can try to get the address of the Blind Pig, parking across the street, and get Google to map it for you.

More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds