Forum

All-in-all, Better than I expected.

17 years 8 months ago #660 by Ashdawg
All-in-all, Better than I expected. was created by Ashdawg
It was a great way to start 06' everyone looked crisp and ready (HUNGRY) to play. I heard on the 5th qtr show on the way home that CMR almost made Stafford #2 during the week, saying the playbook is starting to click automatically along with his great physical abilities (as we wittnesed today), Taking nothing away from JT3, he looked solid today as well . I still think our O-line is going to jump up and bite us somewhere down the line. Missed seeing Oledawg today, got there late and didn't make it to the blind pig, here's hoping you had a safe trip back to urange country! By the way who made CAL a favorite today? I thought the vowels might be a little better than the betting public thinks, and at home to (hobnail) boot! Glad the seasons here, Ashdawg!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Ashdawg
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 8 months ago #662 by jacketexterminator24
Replied by jacketexterminator24 on topic Re: All-in-all, Better than I expected.
man, te team looked good enough to beat South Carolina. But to problems i saw were our receivers dropping all those dang balls and our younger corners missing coverages. all in all we looked resonably good. I'm starting to understand why Mikey Henderson was switched from cb to wr. The kid has a motor. I think that new coach from Va. Tech might have had something to do with the special team's preperation. I don't think he will be show boating anymore on the way to a touchdown. And i think its safe to say that Thjomas Flowers has lost his job.

• jacketexterminator24
  • Visitor
17 years 8 months ago #673 by oledawg
Replied by oledawg on topic Re: All-in-all, Better than I expected.
Great to have you back Ashdawg! I have to confess I was bushwacked and didn't make it to the game as planned. My dearest wife of over 20 years and I have purchased a house far away form the land of red and black. I had to attend to unpacking boxes and household stuff from Sat till Tue. (just got back to TN this afternoon) Planning on the UAB game though and will stop by cause I'm getting to the promised land early! Sure hoping to ruin the mouth from the south's little party next week. Hope Darth Visor starts slinging that fancy head band of his early! Go Dawgs!

More
17 years 8 months ago #676 by southernlover
Replied by southernlover on topic Re: All-in-all, Better than I expected.
I thought the dawgs looked pretty good. Amazing that we only had one penaly. Although the depth of past years isn't there, the D has reloaded with some real studs.

More
17 years 8 months ago #678 by Ashdawg
Replied by Ashdawg on topic Re: All-in-all, Better than I expected.
I agree, special teams and defense are pretty much set, and our strength! But the O-line leaves a lot to work on. I know that we have some suspentions but our coach choose's to do the right thing (unlike Punkin'head from TENN) and suspend them for consecutive games and get it over with instead of picking and choosing from the weak sisters who will sit! Tenn. looked "well like the Tenn that I expected" as a MAD home underdog to CAL, But if we can mentally get by this one (Shamecocks) we should hold our own until FLA, AU,GT . And that is what I meant by "better than I expected!" GO DAWGS! Ashdawg

• Ashdawg
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds