Forum

I've had enough

17 years 8 months ago #590 by jacketexterminator24
I've had enough was created by jacketexterminator24
O.K. Dawgs! You are shooting yourself in the foot! Not only do we not have Inman or Smith for the first two games on offensiv line due to suspension, nor do we have dannell ellerbee at linebacker for 3 games. And now we get hit with this news...Thomas Flowers has been suspended for the first two games of the season for violating team rules. Do these players not realize that they aren't just letting their team down, but they're letting the fans down too. That is now 4 key players that will miss the first conference game of the season vs. South Carolina. On the brightside, at least we'll get to see some freshmen play and see if they can live up to the hype. But I've had enough of UGA players throwing away chances for this dawg team to do some big things.
As always,
GO DAWGS!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• jacketexterminator24
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 8 months ago #591 by southernlover
Replied by southernlover on topic Re: I've had enough
That is unbelievable! I wish that CMR would start punishing these players in other ways than the game suspensions. I don't think that he learned that at Florida State because Bowden never suspends anyone unless law enforcement is involved.

More
17 years 8 months ago #592 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: I've had enough
I don't really see how a Bowden punishment like running extra laps is going to help in some of these cases. With Flowers, it's academics that are hurting him, not trouble with the law. But in other cases we've got Dawgs acting flat-out stupid. Luckily for us, Carolina and Tennessee and Auburn and the rest have had some run-ins as well and will have some early-season suspensions that may offset ours. And I'm not going to lie; every time Thomas Flowers had a ball coming his way last season, I was terrified that he was going to fumble it. Do we remember the beginning of the Boise State game last year? It may be a good idea to let someone else return some of those balls early on.

But I agree wholeheartedly that we're shooting ourselves in the foot. I always like to believe that the teams I root for are above all these shenanigans. Then again, I'm a Panthers fan, and they were at the heart of one of the biggest steroid-distribution scandals in NFL history a couple years ago. It's important to note, however, that these are still <i>individual occurrences</i> and do not reflect a team culture of wrongdoing. Let's hand it to CMR for that; at least he's not Jim Harrick!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
Time to create page: 0.023 seconds