Forum

Lucky Number Fourteen

17 years 9 months ago #588 by dapolla
Lucky Number Fourteen was created by dapolla
Well, the first coach's poll just came out, with UGA ranked #14. We're sandwiched between #15 Michigan and #13 Louisville. That's okay. I seem to remember a #13-ranked Georgia team that wound up 13-1 with an SEC Championship and a Sugar Bowl win. I remember a #15 ranked Georgia team - due to a new quarterback named D.J. Shockley - that also took an SEC Championship. And does anyone remember a #16-ranked Georgia team that took on Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl and walked away with a 17-10 victory and a National Championship?

So go ahead. Underrate us. They don't call us the Wonderdawg Underdawgs for nothing.

GO DAWGS!!!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 9 months ago #598 by BIGGREDD
Replied by BIGGREDD on topic Re: Lucky Number Fourteen
We will be fortunate to go 8/4 this year. We don't have near the talent as last year, and (I know I'm going to get bashed about this) a mediocre coach (1 out of 4 against 10-25 ranked teams last year did not impress me much) doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside like it does some!! I would love them to win them all; I do have to be objective. I don't understand how we finished so high in the Rankings last year!!

• BIGGREDD
  • Visitor
17 years 9 months ago #600 by oledawg
Replied by oledawg on topic Re: Lucky Number Fourteen
Well Redd your opinion is just as good as anyones elses here. I'm not going to bash you for offering the thoughts you have. I'd just like to offer a comparison. If as you say we currently have a mediocre coach, then by comparison Dooley was also. I for one do not subscribe to that notion but then again its only my opinion. CMR is, as was Dooley, able to manage, inspire, and attract quality players to UGA. I think as a manager CMR projects the integrity and honesty that players and their families want. In todays world that seems to be a rare occurrance. I don't know of any other coach I would like to have at UGA. I think CMR is competant and knowledgable based on the achievements of players he has coached. I think he still has more to learn and more growing to do cause lets face it he is only 5 years old as a head coach. CMR has surrounded himself with assistants that can support and evolve the system he has chosen. ( so far that system seems to produce SEC championships) Thats the mark of a good manager. I humbly offer that he has been successful. Dooley did the same thing. I believe that we'll continue to attract more quality players from all over the country ( somewhat evident now) and the key to all this the CMR. (my opinion again) I'm a fan of UGA its coaches and players. I'm not an expert, otherwise I'd be coaching Division 1 Football. I'm a lot like you, in that I'd like to see UGA win every game but lets face it, thats a fantasy and not reality. Our conference has some of the best football in the nation and it attracts some of the best players, we can't get them all. I do offer a prediction that the 07 and 08 seasons will be really special. The jury is out for the 06 season with OL and QB questions that will be answered as we work through the season. CMR has said so many times, the best we have will be on the field. I can't ask for much more. Win Lose or Draw, DAWG for LIFE! GATA! GO DAWGS!

More
17 years 9 months ago #602 by obudawg
Replied by obudawg on topic Re: Lucky Number Fourteen
i agree...i freaking love CMR!

• obudawg
  • Visitor
17 years 8 months ago #614 by BulldawgNation
Replied by BulldawgNation on topic Re: Lucky Number Fourteen

i agree...i freaking love CMR!

Me too. He's the best thing since Vince Dooley 8)

• BulldawgNation
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds