Forum

Dooley Field

17 years 9 months ago #580 by jacketexterminator24
Dooley Field was created by jacketexterminator24
Just food for thought. I know that many former UGA football alum have received letters petioning the field at Sanford Stadium to be called 'Dooley Field'. I think that this is a great way to honor the man that might be the most famous Dawg ever. So just think about this and reply if you can think of any other ways to make a push for the field to be named after Coach Dooley or if you can think of any other way to honor a man who has meant the world to this magnificent football program. GO DAWGS!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• jacketexterminator24
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 9 months ago #581 by oledawg
Replied by oledawg on topic Re: Dooley Field
Jacket, I'm in total agreement. Have met him on several occasions and find him to be very gracious. For his accomplishments, the University needs to honor him in every way immaginable. I for one would rename Sanford to "Sanford Dooley Stadium". Others may disagree but he took the football and athletic programs to national prominance. Obviously I'm a big fan of Coach Dooley. Maybe when UGA gets rid of MFA it will finally honor a man who so richly deserves such a prominent place in its history. :D :D

More
17 years 8 months ago #607 by ladydawg7
Replied by ladydawg7 on topic Re: Dooley Field
Just tell me where to sign! I agree with you oledawg, "Sanford Dooley Stadium" has a nice ring to it. Vince Dooley is one of the greatest assets that UGA has ever had. What a true DAWG!

• ladydawg7
  • Visitor
17 years 8 months ago #609 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: Dooley Field
It's Michael Adams. He's the only reason that there hasn't been a more serious move to rename anything. He's a bastard with an axe to grind.

My votes are for Dooley Field between the hedges

Or renaming it "Vince Dooley Bridge"

Opinions?

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 8 months ago #611 by BulldawgNation
Replied by BulldawgNation on topic Re: Dooley Field
I'd like to see that happen. But dapolla is right Adams is the only reason why it hasn't been done yet :evil:

• BulldawgNation
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds