Forum

QB situation

17 years 9 months ago #579 by jacketexterminator24
QB situation was created by jacketexterminator24
Alright, this is just my take on the next few years at UGA.STAFFORD WILL NOT PLAY THIS YEAR!!! He will be red shirted to give him time to learn CMR's system. Just pray that he doesn't become a headcase before the season starts. Joe T. will start and be decent at his position. If he can't get the job done, then Cox or Barnes will step in, and hey, who knows. One of them could be the next David Greene coming out of nowhere to make a splash.And although we have 3 potentially big horses in the backfield with Brown, Ware, and Lump, don't think that this offense will be purely run and gun. CMR is an equal oppurtunity kinda guy and is gonna pass alot to these developing receivers. Speaking of which, Sean Bailey being out for his senior season is actually a blessing in disguise. This gives the dawgs two established WR threats for the 2007 season when the reign of Stafford will begin. Think about this 2007 season for a moment will you. We will have one of the most highly anticapated QB prospects in UGA history stepping in to lead an offense with a senior Sean Bailey, and Juniors kenneth Harris and MoMass at WR, Potentially a three horse backfield with Brown, Ware, and Lump, a revived, experienced offensive line, and a talented tight end lining up out of Oakland, CA. And that's just the offense. Defensivley, we'll have Charles Johnson, Jeff Owens, Asher Allen, Reshad Jones, Thomas Flowers, Brandon Miller, Marcus Washington, and Paul Oliver just to name a few. I don't know about the rest of you Dawg nation but its 2007 that has my undivided attention. Just be patient and remember that 2006 is a rebuilding year and we will be experiencing some growing pains. HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS?!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• jacketexterminator24
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 9 months ago #582 by oledawg
Replied by oledawg on topic Re: QB situation
Jacket, I don't disagree that the 07 season has huge potential, lets not sell our 06 season too short. Richt has said that if we can keep the OTs healthy he has high expectations for this team. I tend to agree. Defensively we'll be able to play with anyone ( need someone to step up and be a big head hunter). Offensively the backs and receivers should do well. ( hope Martrez learned to catch over the summer) 2 question marks are QB and the "O"line. The QB situation will work itself out, CMR will probably go with JT to start and its up to him to produce or lose it. We only have 2 Offensive linemen coming back and one is suspended for 2 games. They are gonna have to grow up in a hurry kinda like the rebuild after the 02 year. I hope they have been working their back sides off this summer. If, and thats a big if with the long season, they can stay away from injuries and learn quick, we may have some holes for our backs to run through AND protect the QB. If not, we may need 4 QBs to survive the season. CMR and his staff tend to mold an offense that utilizes the strengths and abilities of players to our advantage, thats what he's paid to do so to speak. WE all know that given a second chance CMR would not have hampered Joe T like he did in the FL game, CMR admits it publically. The team knows what is expected and will get better each game and I believe CMR (remember he has been a head coach for only 5 years) will continue to mature and get better too. WE continue to produce talented players and there are those walkons that will shine too. I'm optimistic for 06, it might not turn out to be a banner SEC Championship year but we sure are gonna hurt some peoples feelings that think we are out of the race. As always GO DAWGS!

More
17 years 9 months ago #583 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: QB situation
The one thing that bothers me, folks, is CMR's conservative play-calling. Having Joe T III run in last year's FL game when he was passing like a maniac and the Gator offense couldn't do anything after the first quarter was a travesty. To his credit, yes he DID admit to it later, but that's what I'm scared of. We all saw what happened when he turned DJ loose last year. We all saw what happened when he called the end-around (JTIII falling down after the toss, recovering himself and getting in position anyway, then powering his way into the end zone would have been THE GREATEST PLAY IN UGA HISTORY had we won the game.) We all know what can happen when CMR grows guts. Let's hope last year gives him a whole new set.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds