Forum

Greetings to all!!!!!!!

17 years 9 months ago #557 by NC_Dawg
Greetings to all!!!!!!! was created by NC_Dawg
Please pardon my prolonged absence, as that I'm up to my eyeballs at work and have precious little time for posting. Been lurking and reading a variety of sights and blogs and it would appear, once again, that the dawgs are receiving little to no respect! Perfect!...This could very well allow our young team to play relaxed. CMR has proven ability to play the underdawg role and I expect this season to be of little difference.

DawgDoc, oledawg, glad to see y'all are still running point! Steve, the site looks GREAT!

So, with it T-minus 43 days, who do you think we see under center? My guess is still JTIII to start, with JC taking over. I'm sure I'll get flamed over not including MS, I just don't see CMR playing a true freshman. Could be wrong, but that's my take and I'm sticking with it!

Well, gotta get back to the salt mines. Now that the season is rapidly approaching, I'll need to radically prioritize the work load so I can increase my opportunities to post. Time to apply a little Newtonian theory to the subordinates!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 9 months ago #558 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: Greetings to all!!!!!!!
Hello, NCDawg...I am also an NC Dawg!

At any rate, I think we're going to see a 1980 Tennessee game situation here, where Joe T3 plays the part of Donnie McMickens and Matthew Stafford plays the Herschel role. As much as I hate to listen to hype, everyone who's seen this kid play says he could be the greatest QB in UGA history, and everyone who's talked to him says he wants to play right away. The hell with a redshirt, right?

At any rate, I've seen our Dawgs ranked anywhere from 13(okay by me, as we were ranked 13 preseason in both the 2002 and 2005 seasons!) to 22. I say our schedule's favorable, our team is young and hungry, and we have CMR behind us. Time for the Bulldog Nation to rejoice! Glory days are here again!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 9 months ago #559 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Re: Greetings to all!!!!!!!
MS, from what I've heard and read, may very well have his name inscribed in UGA history. However, how many times has the same level of hype been heaped upon a would-be frosh that never completely fulfills the expectations? College football is filled with as many, perhaps more, failures as they have had successes.

IMHO, CMR is a wise tactician, especially where it involves QB's. We have 3 QB's with graduated levels of experience and understanding of CMR's system. Then there is MS. It will certainly be interesting to see how these young men mix it up during fall practice. Likewise, with the recent news of Logan Gray committing to UGA, we may very well be seeing a transition from Tailback to Quarterback U!...Yes, glory days are here again!

How are things in the Queens City?

GO DAWGS

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 9 months ago #560 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: Greetings to all!!!!!!!
I wouldn't be surprised if CMR turns UGA into QBU. He's a quarterback, rode the bench behind Jim Kelly and has been attempting to convert our offense from three yards and a cloud of dust to a vertical NFL-style attack since he got here. What surprised me was how well DJ was able to run that attack, considering how successful David Greene was; one wonders how many consecutive nat'l championships we would have won had Greenie been more adept at the vertical attack, or had a receiver like Mohammed Massaquoi.

I know what you mean about hype. After all, before Greenie, our starting QB was Mr. Hype himself, Quincy Carter. Remember CJD saying he was going to win the nat'l championship in 2000 with the talent he had? It was that remark as much as the three straight losses to GT that lost him his job.

The Queen City is good; hot and moist, but good.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 9 months ago #561 by oledawg
Replied by oledawg on topic Re: Greetings to all!!!!!!!
NC glad you're back. Don't work too hard, getting to those DAWG days of summer ya know. The UGA QB situation will work itself out. Envision Joe T starting the first game and the position is his to lose. There is a ton of talent behind him. The OL is my concern and may very well be our Achilles heel this year but time and injuries will tell, extra game and loss of an off week. Gonna be a long season for all. Hope all survive the heat till its time to trade helmut paint! Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds