Forum

GAME DAY: AUBURN TIGERS AT #5 GEORGIA BULLDOGS (2024-10-05)

1 week 3 days ago #83264 by SouthernDawg
Welcome to October Dawgs. Its finally feeling a little fall-like here. 

The Deep South’s oldest rivalry continues between the hedges after our ridiculous loss to Alabama last week. I think the biggest key to a bounce-back victory in this game for Kirby to get them to forget about last week. That’s not going to be an easy task given how last week played out. Whats interesting is that we are facing an Assburn team right now that is reeling from its own two tough losses and Hugh Freeze who just had the flame on the gas burner under his hind end turned up to medium-high by a tired fan base.

The good news for us is that Assburn has a huge turnover problem (leading FBS in turnover margin) and a QB in Payton Thorne who still really not proven himself to be the man to lead that unit with confidence and poise. Freeze has been forced to play games with multiple QBs because no one has been solid enough. Look for us to blitz early and often

You can be damned certain that Freeze has watched and rewatched that Bama game from last week and saw how weak our edge play was defensively. I expect to see a lot of Jarquez Hunter, especially if our defense is getting a lot of pressure on Thorne and getting into is head. In the end, i don’t think this game is close. The spread was -22.5 last I checked and I think that’s a money maker. Assburn (I don’t think, I didn’t look it up) hasn’t scored double digits in Athens in well over a decade. Maybe my memory is getting bad, but regardless, I don’t see them hanging around much past the 2nd quarter.

As always, GO DAWGS! GATA!

Game & Broadcast Info 
  • Kickoff: Saturday, October 5 – 3:30 p.m. ET
  • Location: Dooley Field at Sanford Stadium (93,033) | Athens, Ga.
  • 2024 Records: Georgia (3-1, 1-1 SEC), Auburn (2-3, 0-2 SEC)
  • 2024 Rankings: Georgia #5/5, Auburn NR
  • TV: ABC (Sean McDonough, Greg McElroy & Molly McGrath)
  • Video Stream:  ESPN+
  • Radio: 95.5 FM WSB – Bulldog Network |  Affiliates  | Scott Howard (PxP), Eric Zeier (Color), DJ Shockley (sideline)
  • Audio Stream:  georgiadogs.com
  • Satellite: SiriusXM (138 or 190)
  • Web Stats:  georgiadogs.com
  • Twitter: #AUBvsUGA
  • SECN ReBroadcast: 10/7 – 10p-1am ET, 10/10 – 1-4am ET
  • History:  Georgia vs. Auburn All-Time Series Results: UGA 64-56-8
  • Last Meeting: UGA won 27-20 in Auburn, Alabama, 2023
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SouthernDawg
  • SouthernDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg