Forum

GAME DAY: #2 GEORGIA BULLDOGS AT #4 ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE (2024-09-28)

3 weeks 3 days ago - 3 weeks 3 days ago #83251 by SouthernDawg
Good Game Day morning Dawg faithful. Coffee is steaming, so is the anticipation.

This is it. This is the one you’ve been wanting to see since the schedule was announced last summer. I think it goes without saying that games like today are why we watch big time college football. It does not get any better than this. College Gameday is at Tuscaloosa, high profile celebrities, former players, a Presidential candidate, the SEC commissioner, State Governors, who else? This game really does embody what Saturday night football in the fall looks like. Breaking down this game, I guess the old saying applies that “the more things change, the more they stay the same.” Alabama has been the albatross around Smart’s neck, but the question that will be answered today is whether it is Alabama he can’t shake, or if it was his teacher that he just couldn’t shake. There have been a lot of discussion about Georgia after its flaccid performance against Kentucky, and while everyone wearing red acknowledges that - there is also the reality that Georgia is the only FBS team that has not allowed a TD this season and has held opponents have six field goals on the year. Yeah, the offense looked bad, but the defense is still getting it done.

To me the biggest question surrounding this game is how does the defense stop Milroe scrambling around the edges? If Vandagriff looked quick to this defense last week, Milroe is going to seem like lightning. As far as the keys to the game? I had to be overly simplistic here but these are two very fundamental football teams. They know each other inside and out, and while Kalen DeBoer may be facing Kirby for the first time, you can bet he has leaned on his players and Saban to help him scheme this game. We are going to see a lot of classic “smash mouth” football tonight, and it would not surprise me whatsoever to see Etienne have his breakout game. Time of possession is going to become critical, especially with a lead. I think Georgia backs are going to be hauling the mail today, especially if the O-line is struggling (again) to give Beck pass protection. Getting off the field on 3rd downs and not letting Milroe convert 3rd and 8 with his legs is going to be a big key to this game, because we've seen how that movie ends if we allow him to have his way on the ground.

I think this will be another cliff hanger in the history of these two powerhouse programs locking horns.

Lots of key injuries in this game:
Ratledge - out, Roderick Robinson - out, London Humphreys - out, Sacovie White - out, Warren Brinson - maybe, Jordan Hall - maybe, Mykel Williams - maybe. 

Will be pacing the floors all day and enjoying some of the earlier matchups today. 

GO DAWGS! GATA

Game & Broadcast Info
  • Kickoff: Saturday, September 28 – 7:30 p.m. ET
  • 2024 Records: Georgia (3-0, 1-0 SEC), Alabama (3-0, 0-0 SEC)
  • 2024 Rankings: Georgia #2/1, Alabama #4/4
  • TV: ABC (Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit & Holly Rowe)
  • Video Stream:  ESPN+
  • Radio: 95.5 FM WSB – Bulldog Network |  Affiliates  | Scott Howard (PxP), Eric Zeier (Color), DJ Shockley (sideline)
  • Audio Stream:  georgiadogs.com
  • Satellite: SiriusXM (82)
  • Web Stats:  georgiadogs.com
  • Twitter: #UGAvsBAMA
  • SECN ReBroadcast: TBA
  • History:  Georgia vs. Alabama All-Time Series Results: UA 43-26-4
  • Last Meeting: 2023 in Atlanta, Alabama won 27-24
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SouthernDawg
  • SouthernDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 weeks 3 days ago #83252 by stevedawg
Good post SD.
Since I am a Georgia native and many friends are from Alabama this is a big game in that group.
It's a good thing Kirby is at the helm.
Go Dawgs !!!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

• stevedawg
  • Away
  • DAWGS.com moderator
3 weeks 3 days ago #83253 by SouthernDawg
Corso picked Bama, so that is a very very good sign. I don't know what the current stat is with UGA vs. The Head Gear, but I remember it from a few years ago and it was abysmal.

I've got Bama buddies back home acting like this game should have been cancelled. UGA shouldn't even have shown up. They have no chance. That's the attitude I'm getting.

• SouthernDawg
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 weeks 3 days ago #83254 by Wartdawg
Keeping Milroe in the pocket and being aggressive on offense.

Last year Beck didn't do anything in the red zone and the play calling was crazy conservative.

If Bobo calls the game "not to lose" on offense.. we lose.

Defense must maintain lanes on defense to contain Milroe. If we go crazy on the rush and he gashes us up the middle escaping the pocket or we leave wide open lanes for him to pass.. we done.

God Bless and Go Dawgs with prayers to all recovering from Helene.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Wartdawg
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 weeks 3 days ago #83255 by SouthernDawg
Just read that London Humphreys is OFF the injured list and will be active tonight. Huge news

• SouthernDawg
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 weeks 2 days ago #83256 by kentdaddy
Beck is not the guy.

More
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds