Forum

GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS vs. CLEMSON TIGERS (2024-08-31)

1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #83205 by SouthernDawg
Well here we are again..It's 5:05am in the Queen City, weather is stifling hot and humid, and the smell of football is in the air. High school games were fun last night. The Peruvian black coffee is steaming in the Georgia mug, I'm scouring over the last of the 2024 season previews, and itching for a kickoff at the Benz that has no business being on at 12 noon on a kickoff weekend. The best time of year and the best game on planet earth coincide to start another dance for our Dawgs with destiny. 

I really don't like the #1 rating. History has not been kind to UGA when starting the season atop the mountain summit. I would prefer us earning our way up to it through wood chopping and exemplary gameplay, but this out of my control. 

I will enjoy seeing who emerges as wideout #1 this season. The offense is going look entirely different w/out Brock and McHonky. I expect to see a lot of London Humphreys in this game. The defense - stacked. The QB - stacked. The offense as a whole is the question mark with no real standout #1 at any position other than Beck and Delp at TE. I expect to see some early action from both Delp and Ben Yurosek, especially given that Thomas was dismissed. We need big, physical and athletic tight ends to keep that machine from last year running in similar manner.

Today's kickoff menu includes home made meatball subs, potato skins, nachos & cheese in the oven with crumbled beef, chorizo, black beans, and queso. Originally, goobers were on the menu but I ordered my bushel late and my shipment of Hardy's green peanuts is yet to arrive. Next weekend! 

I want to give Dabo another opportunity to whine for poor lil' ol' disrespected Clempson. One game at a time, one play at a time. Fundamental football wins this game. Dawgs look rusty up front, but I think the game will be under control by the end of the 3rd. I'll have more time next week to do a real analysis once we get a look at this team in a real game. I don't do analyses on hype and fall camp. 

Camp is closed! GATA! GO DAWGS! SIC EM!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SouthernDawg
  • SouthernDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #83206 by yankeedawg1
Good morning SD,

You are spot on with your pregame remarks and mid season form on the tailgate menu.

I have my transfusion size dark roast in hand working my iPad checking to see anything worth reading beside the hype and gruel put forth by the talking heads.  So far nada ..

catch up with you for the postgame Sunday thoughts.  Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, SouthernDawg

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #83207 by Wartdawg
I agree about not caring for the #1 spot. I don't even like having rankings this early.

Maintaining that spot from beginning to end is darn near impossible, but...

It is where you finish however, not where you start.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

• Wartdawg
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #83208 by Wartdawg
Trevor Etienne out for today.

Branson Robinson, Nate Frazier, and Cash Jones will have to carry the load. 

Expect a heavy rush as Clempson wants to see if Frazier and Jones can pass protect.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

• Wartdawg
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #83209 by yankeedawg1
Wart & SD ..... it is what is .. rankings might affect different teams differently... yea I know earth shattering observation....

Dawgs built to not hear or listen to outside noise.... focus on one week at a time.. control that which you can...

Kirby knows and understands Rat poison.... 90 minutes ... Go Dawgs.....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, SouthernDawg

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #83210 by SouthernDawg
Now THAT is how you start a season off.

Ring that damn bell. Love it. Poor Dabo. Retirement is looking mighty appealing now. Maybe when they meet at the paw tomorrow, they can discuss it.

In the meantime - GO DAWGS!! Savor this one friends. 1-0. Statements made. We're back.

GATA

• SouthernDawg
  • SouthernDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.024 seconds