Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday #1 30-08-24

1 month 3 weeks ago #83204 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Game Day Friday #1 30-08-24 was created by yankeedawg1
Good day all,   

It’s true it seems like there were extra added days between spring ball and the end of fall camp. No matter we are on the eve of the start of a new college football season.

There has been enough verbiage written about what is going to happen with the Dawgs this year to fill the Grand Canyon.... twice.  

As always I prefer to take the season one game at a time. Kirby doesn't want the team or coaches looking beyond the current opponent. The exception is bye weeks and fall camp. Having said that Clemson is now the total focus. We open a 13.5 point favorite. We have an  experienced QB who understands the game of college football very well. This is a huge plus for the Dawgs. It is very similar to SBIV in 2022 in my mind. We again have young players gaining experience in the Georgia way. That has been true every fall that CKS has been HC. Not enough can be said about how Kirby and his staff recruit and develop young players to play at a championship level. 

Clemson is a good opener and will provide the opportunity for the Dawgs to stretch out on offense and defense. I am hoping that we have the game in hand by mid-third quarter and get our pups some snaps to gain game experience to build depth. 

Dawgs will carry a bit of an edge into the game left over from the unfinished business from last season. I believe Kirby has made the point … Take nothing for granted…. Beat every team we play…  Dawgs win …. Hey Growl the grandson wants meatball subs for the first tailgate … so you know how that will go. I will enjoy the wonderful smells of red sauce with tons of garlic working there magic come Saturday morning.

Have a wonderful weekend and a safe week. Continue to check on family and friends often. As always “Go Dawgs" 

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #83214 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #1 30-08-24
I enjoyed the post YD1. Sound advice. "Take it one game at a time".
I will add "Ignore the Pundits" and just do your job, one play at a time

I am writing this post game. Your perdiction of having the game in hand by 3rd quarter sems to have been heard on the field.

And add thanks that Kirby Smart is at the helm. He changed Dawg football for the better. He is an excellent leader. I hope he will be with us for a long and sucessful tenure.

Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• stevedawg
  • Away
  • DAWGS.com moderator
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds