Forum

Stetson Bennett a Heisman finalist

1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #82828 by Wartdawg
Stetson Bennett a Heisman finalist was created by Wartdawg

It was announced today that Stetson Bennett was a Heisman finalist, and the interwebs went into an uproar. Let me post this: The Heisman is given to a player "whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity" and who "epitomize great ability combined with diligence, performance, and hard work."
I have no illusion that Bennett will win the award. The world loves those stats on the back of the player cards. I don't even know if I would give a 1st place vote to Stetson, but looking at those words... I don't know how anyone can object to him being at the ceremony. He is the epitome of integrity, diligence, hardwork, and performance. I am not saying he should win, but give the man his due: He is what college football is all about. I think him being a finalist should be celebrated by all college football fans. 

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Wartdawg
  • Wartdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 4 months ago #82829 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Stetson Bennett a Heisman finalist
All College Football Fans do not have an idea of what integrity means, the best example I can think of is on the Paul Finebaum Show, from his Alabama Commenters

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
1 year 4 months ago #82830 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Stetson Bennett a Heisman finalist
Well not understanding and not acknowledging integrity and hard work is a societal problem, but that's not a topic for here.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

• Wartdawg
  • Wartdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 4 months ago #82831 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Stetson Bennett a Heisman finalist
I would be remiss not to mention that Stetson Bennett possesses an abundance of those qualities!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  GATA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
1 year 4 months ago #82832 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Stetson Bennett a Heisman finalist
He had a dream. He did it. He did it with good character and hard work. His performance on the field is part of a 2 year winning streak for UGA Dawgs.

While some might have the same qualities, and some of them better stats, any awards being handed out should include him in consideration.

Way to go Stetson!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds