The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 4 months ago #82799 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS KENTUCKY WILDCATS
I am beyond tired… the heads want us to go out and blow our opponents out..

Well… not so fast…. Michigan and TCU looked that they were in a street fight… Dawgs didn’t worry about covering… they never do

That’s. Vegas … at this point in the season…no injuries..and a win count for more…fact

More tomorrow… Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 4 months ago #82800 by Wartdawg
I have always been one to critically analyze even the best of successes. I've been tough on the Dawgs when games against inferior opponents haven't been as dominant as I think they should have been.

That being said; this game didn't bother me at all.

After the incredible emotion of the TN win and a tough road trip to MSST for a night game... 2nd SEC road game in a row against a sound SEC foe.. knowing that every team gets it up for the Dawgs.... freezing temps and bad wind.....

This was expected from my perspective. Other than the Bennett int which was an ill-advised decision in my opinion; I was pretty much okay with everything else.

Go Dawgs and God Bless...

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
1 year 4 months ago #82801 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Wart… absolutely spot on with your comments…. We knew that the last four conference games would go a long ways in defining our season….

If at the beginning of this gauntlet you were told we would only be trailing for less than two minutes and would win all four by double digits..

Your response like mine would have been… where do I sign up!

Stay safe,, have a good week….. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 4 months ago #82802 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS KENTUCKY WILDCATS

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #82803 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS KENTUCKY WILDCATS
I guess this is where Wart and I are going to part company on the analysis of this win. 

I agree that this is a gauntlet, and it's a grind to the finish line. We ground alright. Be honest - you were praying for that clock to tick a little faster last night weren't you? Yeah so was I. We can all sit back and look at this in a positive light that we won the game and did something ultra special that has only been done by the likes of Nick Saban at Bama and the Old Ball Sack at Florida. That's all well and good. Congrats. Wonderful. Go Dawgs and all that. 

Let's get to reality - if there would have been one quarter left in that game, we'd have lost it. I tried to remember, but I can't - when was the last time Georgia just shut its quarterback down entirely? Can we please, pretty please with sugar on top, stop the Heisman talk? Thanks. It was crystal clear to the whole damned world yesterday that 1 of 2 things was going on: either Monken lost 100% of his confidence in Stetson and refused to call a passing play, or Stetson is injured and we're not being told the whole story. Did anyone hear injury talk? I didn't. That was a ghastly performance on part of Bennett yesterday. 

Georgia is just cursed I guess to be the schizophrenic team that one day looks like world beaters that are untouchable and the next day looks like something above room temperature dog doo doo. One of these days, and it may not be this season (or it may), when Georgia pulls this crap where we look like we're intentionally trying to throw the game and playing way way wayyy down to the opponent, it's gonna bite us in the ass. That performance yesterday could have ruined a season. 

Questions going forward after yesterday - do we have a QB? Do we? Bueller? Bueller? I don't know if we do. What in the sam hell is going on with Bennett? Do we have a big monster tight end named Darnell Washington - you know, that can kinda catch balls? I thought I saw him out there yesterday. 

Yeah I'm a curmudgeon...I'm ready for it. Tell me all about it. 

Yeah... go Dawgs.

More
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds