Forum

From Athens - Bye Week Thoughts

1 year 5 months ago #82681 by yankeedawg1
From Athens - Bye Week Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Afternoon,

Fall and much cooler temperatures have arrived in the Classic City. Daily highs in mid 60’s overnight lows in the low  30’s. 

Our Dawgs our preparing to finish the season strong. Our season was backloaded with our most challenging opponents.

As our HC has stated numerous times… not looking at anyone other than Florida…. He also clarified his position on the game being played in JAX….  No question that a home and home schedule would be better for recruiting however, Kirby acknowledged the game being played in JAX is a big cash cow for both universities and the city of JAX.

The added factor of the large South Georgia fanbase being able to feel closer to the team while enjoying attending the game is an important consideration….   My thought is if we don’t continue to recruit on the elite level the product we field will suffer… with the CFP expanding to 12 teams and the trend to form super conferences continues.. which drives huge TV contracts ….  All enter into the decision….   Stay tuned….. as the HC has stated…. Winning this game is the most important thing…. The other stuff we will get sorted out later….

pause and give thanks….  Continue to check on family and friends often…..

Have a great weekend and a safe week…

As always “Go Dawgs “

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #82683 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens - Bye Week Thoughts
Happy Saturday y’all from beautiful coastal Maine. Decided to get away for a few days for some much needed R&R on the bye week and take in the fall colors. Sitting here sipping the morning battery acid overlooking an amazing lake and mountain range. This place will be socked in with snow in another 2-3 weeks. 

bye week thoughts…

probably the first Kirby-coached UGA team that I can’t quite put a diagnosis on. I have my guesses, but nothing with absolute certainty like a big injury, or horrible coaching (c.f. Todd Grantham) to explain what’s going on. There has been flashes of absolute dominance on both the field, and in the coaching booth. Then there have been moments of absolute dismay with this team. Starting the season out the way we did, it certainly looked like we were in great shape. Now, I think any Georgia fan will tell you they’re not sold right now. 

yes, we’re 7-0 and that’s as good as it gets going into the Bye week. But, do any of us feel confident going into a surprisingly tough back-loaded schedule as we did in week 2?

I am getting very sick of hearing the Jacksonville game rhetoric every year. I think it’ll end up going away, even though now the rules against recruiting at that game have been lifted for both teams, I think it’ll still end up going away which is a shame. But in case y’all haven’t noticed, in the new-SEC and new-NCAA at large, traditions matter far less than paychecks and contracts do. I’m waiting to find out which rivalry games are going to be axed under the new playoff expanded world we are going to live in post 2024.

Couldn’t be happier about being 7-0 going into the FU game. I trust our HC is working like a mad man to tune up what’s not firing correctly under the hood so we can make a legitimate run at a repeat.

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
1 year 5 months ago #82685 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Bye Week Thoughts
SD... both the wife and I have family roots in Maine.. still have kin in the Portland area. Her Dad was an Angus cattleman in Turner,Maine.

The 400 acres and 200 year old farmhouse is still in the family her youngest brother is still working it with grass fed Angus.... love my ribeye steaks ...

Were are you watching the waves come in ? down a lobster roll for me... in case you never tried one...ask for a half made with wasabi mayo.... crazy good.

Agree with all your observations about our team .... we all knew this year was going to have a very different feel about it... and it does.... for me it all part of watching the team get game experience and coaching up taking place..

No we are not there yet... and yes the road has many bumps and curves ahead... stay well and keep warm... safe travels..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 5 months ago #82686 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens - Bye Week Thoughts
YD… Ellsworth near Trenton/Bar Harbor/Acadia

Has been amazing.

I’ll do the lobsta roll with wasabi mayo today before I head back to the Queen City. Back to reality

Fall felt a little empty yesterday without the Dawgs didn’t it? Sure did it my world
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
1 year 5 months ago #82687 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Bye Week Thoughts
SD… I had an Aunt who had a home in Southwest Harbor near Bah harbor.. spent several summers fishing for flounder… clean and sell to the folks rental vacation property…. The fresh ocean smell memories….

Sunrise on Mt. Cadillac is totally amazing… safe travels friend..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds