The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 5 months ago #82670 by yankeedawg1
Chief…. Absolutely…take care of our busy quickly… no injuries..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, SouthernDawg

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 5 months ago #82671 by SouthernDawg
morning fellers...

Nice crisp morning here and sitting with a steaming cup of Joe at 4:15am pouring over videos of Vandy and commentary on this game. 

Once again, everyone from SDS to ESPN is predicting a blowout and basically saying this game will be a snoozer. Well we've seen a few of those this year. I think we're at that spot where once again - which Georgia shows up? The Auburn/South Carolina Georgia, or the Kent State/Mizzou Georgia. Are we going to get a complete game out of Georgia? I really just want to see a complete game. Not a game where we hang around with them for 2-3 quarters and then get our act together. Seeing a complete game will give me much more confidence going into the FU and Tennessee games than if we keep it marginal for 3-4 quarters. 

From a X's & O's perspective - Vandy's achilles heel is 3rd downs. Defensively they can't get off the field on 3rds and offensively they seem to get themselves in 3rd and longs far too often. Rushing, I think they're only around 1.2-1.5 ypc, so this game lends itself well to blowout. But remember - so did the others. 

This could be a game where if we're clicking on all cylinders & playing a complete game, turns into a shutout. 

Smoker is fired up & pop is about to throw the pork butt on at 5am to have it ready for some 3:30 game time swine!

GATA!! GO DAWGS!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #82673 by stevedawg
SD "which Georgia shows up? " seems to be the theme this year.

It's nice that CKS can move players in and out to get them experience. It helps preserve the first string for when it is necessary and gives us a deeper experienced team.
It further proves we have a head coach that is ahead of the others in recruiting and long range plans.

Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #82674 by Wartdawg
Quite crisp when I woke up at 4 this morning. I had to be 2 hours away by 7... Nice football weather although it has warmed up significantly.

Team needs to get its passing game back in sync today. I know Vandy has a terrible pass D, but I'm not worried about this being any sort of test for us.. I want Stetson get in sync with his medium to deep throws. Get that timing back he had last year, and such.

Not much else to say... we just need to come out of the game healthy. SHOULD be an easy cover unless we get FG happy again.

Go Dawgs and God Bless

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
1 year 5 months ago #82677 by SouthernDawg
That was the complete game I was talking about which rendered the shutout that I talked about. 

GOOOOO DAWGS!! Ring that bell!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds