Forum

From Athens - Game Day Friday #6 08-10-22

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #82646 by yankeedawg1
From Athens - Game Day Friday #6 08-10-22 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

Wow we are half way into the season already. What do we know about this years team after five games.

Not comparing to last years Natty team…. Or any other past Dawg team… My two cents….The value of quality player recruiting …. And being able to coach them up…. Coachablity… next man up doesn’t  means squat if you have a huge talent drop off…. Playing your younger players as soon as possible… no substitute for game experience…. Quality snaps.  Development of player leadership…

We are 5-0 …..but .. yes on style and stinks it up points we are 2-3 …..  hopefully we have worn off the sleepy sauce we have been lapping up to frequently this season ….  CKS … speaks of facing adversity during a season and how it can provide a team bonding and growth experience ….  Well imho lets show Assburn how well we learned our lessons….hmmm…. Be a very good thing...

Be interested to hear your thoughts… please share them...

White chicken chili with the skillet cornbread that was omitted and replaced with yeast rolls last week. Been awhile since I had a chili fix… had beef last week so switch it up to fowl this week….

Pause and give thanks …. Remember those who are still trying to put their lives back together after Ian….

Continue to check on family and friends  often…..

Have a great weekend and a safe week …

As always “Go Dawgs"    

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #82647 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday #6 08-10-22
Great post as usual yankeedawg!

Agree on the type of player we’ve been recruiting in the past few cycles.

Firmly believe Kirby is prioritizing character, work ethic, Coachability, and leadership skills over star ratings and 40 times, I’m fully onboard with this approach.

Really believe since we reached the mountaintop last season, our team culture is now proven to work, so CKS and staff are just going to keep up the same intensity.

I’ve read from several sources that UGA has the most physical and grueling practices in all of CFB, especially the amount of running. The father of a 2021 UGA WR who transferred away shared, “UGA staff runs all the players like we’re training for the Olympics”!

Team leadership cannot be overstated IMO, show me a team of top talent with no leaders between the sidelines vs a team with good, not great talent, that has player leaders in spades and I’m picking the latter every single time a game is close in the 2nd half.

As some of you may recall, my house is firmly divided for the DSOR.  My wife and old man graduated from Auburn, my Sister and MIL each yell War Eagle about 1,000 times per year which is 999 times too many for me.

This game is special to me and I’m usually a nervous wreck.  I remember posting here before the Blackout game in 2007 just hoping we’d eek out a win against a tough Tiger squad and you guys were all really confident…rightfully so based on the 45-20 drubbing the Dawgs put on the Plainsmen that Nov. night. 

All this to say, I’m starting to feel the butterflies, kickoff is in less than 23 hours but I have a sneaky suspicion we’re about to take out several weeks of frustration on our oldest nemesis and nothing would make me happier than an absolute annihilation of the wartigerplainsmen.

Thanks for acknowledging the Ian victims YD1.  A coworker of mine has a $150k bill to restore his home due to flooding.  Prayers up for all those recovering from the storm and for safety to all football players this weekend across all leagues.

Go Dawgs, Beat Auburn!!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
1 year 6 months ago #82649 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday #6 08-10-22
Goose Dawg…. Truly glad to hear from you… understand how nervousness can be followed by pacing … believe we will be alright… chapel bell needs a healthy work out…. You and yours stay well…. Go Dawgs 

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.023 seconds