The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 6 months ago #82602 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS KENT STATE
Post game thoughts. I was worried we were having too easy of a time and not having to work for the points.
Sometimes things happen. Game difficulty increase. Wake up alert.
I didn't watch on TV so I will wait on our member's analysis to fill in the details.
The question is are we ready for the meat of the schedule?

Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

1 year 6 months ago #82603 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS SOUTH CAROLINA

More
1 year 6 months ago #82604 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS KENT STATE
No need to worry until we see how the team responds the next game. I'm not worried about McConkey having his worst game as a Dawg.

However, things like being out muscled at times, and especially the repeated mistakes in the secondary like letting them gain outside leverage and bust big plays down the sideline were quite disconcerting. Falling for a fake punt again as well..

Again.. not worried until I see how they respond, but Kirby can talk about what a great team they played, but they were still... Kent State.

Maybe they need to rethink their pregame routine for 12 o'clock start times... maybe they need to stop buying into the hype they are given; not sure.

Personally I hope they are not #1 in the polls after this week... maybe that will set them straight. 

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg

More
1 year 6 months ago #82605 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS KENT STATE
There's a lot that went wrong in this game. This game was a throwback to how I felt during the Richt era where we overmatched but played down to the opponent. Georgia was a 45 point favorite in this game and they didn't even cover half those points. We don't sit in on the practices throughout the week, but I refuse to believe Kent State is as good as we made them look yesterday. Whatever went wrong yesterday better get fixed fast, because I've not seen a Georgia team look as lethargic, lost, and disinterested as I saw yesterday in a very long time. That was a painful game to watch. It felt like the cat that was toying with the mouse all game but never finished the job.

Kent State wasn't doing anything special that we haven't seen before. They were killing us on the quick screen passes in the flats. They were wearing out the RPOs. Their back had speed, and our defense looked a full step behind until about the 3rd quarter when someone stood up and said its time to play. Our defense didn't even look average yesterday. Kirby says the team "needed this." If he really meant that, then that clearly means that he believes they've been buying into their own hype, and that's on him. Squarely on him and his staff.  

I want to forget this game, but I won't forget this game the rest of the season. I hope Georgia realizes they got a very important lesson at the hands of a MAC opponent, and it didn't cost them a game. If they come out and s... the bed like this against a hungry Mizzou or Auburn team, it very well could cost them the game and a season. 

In terms of ranking, I don't give a damn about ranking. Yeah we probably drop from #1, especially after Bama and Ohio State destroyed their opponents in convincing fashion yesterday. #1 is a high bar and we damn sure didn't meet that bar yesterday.

More
1 year 6 months ago #82606 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS KENT STATE

Post game thoughts. I was worried we were having too easy of a time and not having to work for the points.
Sometimes things happen. Game difficulty increase. Wake up alert.
I didn't watch on TV so I will wait on our member's analysis to fill in the details.
The question is are we ready for the meat of the schedule?

Go Dawgs!

You didn't miss much exception frustration and dismay. 

Are we ready for the SEC schedule? The team I saw yesterday? No. Not a chance. Playing like we did yesterday, we'd lose to Tennessee, Mississippi State, and probably Auburn. Hell, maybe even Florida depending on which version of Richardson shows up. 

If you want the details...the details were quite straightforward. We made a host of mental errors in the 1st quarter, led by Ladd McConkey and resulting in his getting an ass-chewing for the ages by Kirby. Perfectly thrown dropped passes, lack of tackling, lack of pressure, getting slashed on the perimeter, giving the receivers too much cushion, hat speed lacking on defense and getting to the ball carrier late. I will say this, if that running back for Kent State was even close to as good as our defense made him look, he could and should be starting or at least contributing weekly on an SEC team. 

There's a lot of stuff to work on this week. I'm glad that we have a night game, finally, against Mizzou. 

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds