Forum

From Athens - Game Day Friday #2. 10-09-22

1 year 7 months ago #82556 by yankeedawg1
From Athens - Game Day Friday #2. 10-09-22 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,
Not much to say about this weeks game except, no injuries let the starters warm up and play for a quarter. Ice game early and then turn it over to folks who need game experience.   The added factor is Athens is in for a heavy rain filled Saturday.

As my Dad and Buc always commented on…. Just how good is a horse on a wet muddy track….. “Mudder”…. No it won’t change the games outcome. 
We could play the game on a iceberg  … wearing boxing gloves ….    

CKS has stated often that small colleges need to play these types of games to help fund their entire athletic department budget.  For us it amounts to a paid scrimmage.  We get another practice with a crowd.  Many season ticket holders grumble that they pay big bucks and get a ringer for a home game.  Fact is this is a trend for all major schools.  Why risk a loss to an out of conference team. Kirby will play anybody, anytime….. anywhere ….

This issue will be discussed at length with the expansion of conferences and the 12 team field in the CFP. 

It was noted by UGA’s starting guard Tate Rutledge that a college player could be looking at 17 games schedule under the new 12 team CFP. 

This also will put a heavy premium on quality player depth.  Which goes back to the starting point of any successful college football team… Recruiting !!!

I will be watching the Gator/Wildcats and the Tide/Texas games….  Research gathering ….

Growl/ SD. Rain in the forecast… so looks like the wife will be again preparing Game time meal … our other daughter is asking for her mom’s chicken enchilada’s …… so have a strong idea were this is heading ….  Bring on the Mango Salsa ….. works for me….  

Pause and give thanks….

Continue to check on family and friends often….

Have a great weekend and a safe week …

As always “Go Dawgs"

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds