Forum

Game Day: Oregon Ducks vs Georgia Bulldogs

1 year 7 months ago #82548 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Game Day: Oregon Ducks vs Georgia Bulldogs
The speed on defense will come they are still getting their feet wet, they may not get to the speed of last years “D”, but I’ll gamble it’s gonna be right there at it.  They got the right tools.

GO DAWGS! GATA!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 7 months ago #82549 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Game Day: Oregon Ducks vs Georgia Bulldogs
Growl…. Agree there is a lot of green wood on the defense….   Like you believe the talent is there just needs seasoning..

ha e a safe week….  Go Dawgs 

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
1 year 7 months ago #82550 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Game Day: Oregon Ducks vs Georgia Bulldogs
Yd1, I think by the time playoffs are here, with a little more practice and Game experience, our Defense will be tough as nails.   Just need more polish and sweat, look to see more strength and speed with every game as confidence in their play grows.

GO DAWGS!! GATA!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 7 months ago #82551 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Game Day: Oregon Ducks vs Georgia Bulldogs
For what it's worth, we just woodshedded the number 11 team. Now, of course it's early, and of course we don't really know the lay of the land yet, but it's difficult to pinpoint a better opening win. And, yes, I'm including last year's game against Clemson. But there's an excellent parallel. There were hints of a great defense during that game, but the offense struggled. This year, it's a bit of a flip. Our offense is going to be explosive all year. We have weapons. The D? I'm guessing that nobody is going to want to face this D later in the year. Who the hell is Starkes? That kid was a walking highlight reel. And I get the issue with speed, but the kids WERE getting to the ball quickly, and they'll get quicker.

Oregon's offense is no slouch. I don't think their D is as poor as they showed on Saturday. But I cannot feel anything other than "optimism and not-the-usual-level-of-apprehension" headed into this season.

Kinda leaves me with two thoughts:
1) If you're an SEC team, especially if you're gunning for the East, how are you feeling about playing Georgia right now?
2) Our worst enemy right now is believing the hype. Coaches probably know this, but I have to hope that our kids go out and play like that every Saturday and just continue to get those Ws.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

More
1 year 7 months ago #82552 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Game Day: Oregon Ducks vs Georgia Bulldogs

2) Our worst enemy right now is believing the hype. Coaches probably know this, but I have to hope that our kids go out and play like that every Saturday and just continue to get those Ws.

Dead on. You mean hype like this garbage?

www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/f...l-championship-team/
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
1 year 7 months ago #82553 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Game Day: Oregon Ducks vs Georgia Bulldogs
I am happy with this new level o excellence.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds