Forum

Awesome Lunch

1 year 7 months ago #82500 by yankeedawg1
Awesome Lunch was created by yankeedawg1
I enjoyed a wonderful lunch with Boss Dawg and his wife. We use to do this several times a year but with Covid it was shut down for the past two years.

Several of the old timers on Dawgs.com have asked why the participants who post have dropped off.  Social media has taken the personal conversations that use to take place in internet chat rooms. Dawgs.com offers us place for us to exchange our thoughts about our loved Dawg football team.

Boss Dawg is looking at ways to draw more readers and posters… he will  bring us up to speed on how best to try and make this happen in the near future..

Dawg football is on one week from Saturday…. So ready .

much more to follow…..  Friday Thoughts from Athens… returns  on 8/26.   As always “Go Dawgs “

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, SouthernDawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #82501 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Awesome Lunch
I enjoyed the lunch visit with YD1 especially after the long covid break. Glad we made it through it and were able to visit again. More visits to come.

Quick thoughts from the meetup.

As we all know Dawgs.com is the legacy site for Georgia Bulldog fans. Since 1999 I have offered the site as a free place to talk all things about Dawg sports. I have done this as a love of all things UGA.

The fact is that you guys, the members of Dawgs.com, are the best of the best when it comes to Dawg football analysis, past, present and future.

If you are not Rip Van Winkle you know that social media has a grip on the planet. During the years I and colleagues worked toward creating the internet, with no idea how it would be used, we always hoped it would be for 'good'. Well, it kinda worked out. Healthcare has moved into full use of the ability of the internet to share data. For example x-rays. Digital technology got rid of the film and made the pictures instant and sharable world wide in minutes. Collaboration between doctors has increased dramatically. Research and information sharing has improved healthcare.

But there is one area it has created turmoil. Politics. First the stage was set for the show years ago when corporations were allowed to participate in elections. Then media was deregulated from fairness to whoever has the biggest megaphone. That resulted in the most vulgar landscape in politics the world has ever seen. I could say a lot more but time is short and this site is about football. Being retired I hope the kids sort it all out because it is way past time for world peace. I am hopeful.

So where are we with Dawgs.com? In the last few years we have expanded the base of readers to over 20,000. 10,000 on Facebook alone. 4,000 at Twitter. These folks read but rarely post. The situation is that you guys, the members, are very articulate and lay things out in a manner that the reader can leave satisfied.

If any of the Dawgs.com members want to stoke the fires, post here and it will post on our Facebook site shortly thereafter (timing is up to internet but minutes is the goal). Then go over to the Facebook page site and you can engage with the readers. But always post your main posts and engage with members on Dawgs.com; those will post over to Facebook automatically. It's not a perfect system but it works. www.facebook.com/DawgTalk.Fans 
To summarize, always post on dawgs.com since we control it and someone else, aka facebook, can't erase it. But you can engage with posters on the FB page to help us get traction over there.

So, hang in there, help the Dawgs form a new team and maybe, just maybe, another Natty.

See you later, OK?

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #82503 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Awesome Lunch
Boss Dawg …. Much truth in your post….

Nothing is permanent except change…

Us old dawgs… can work with change…

Thanks for giving us a place to meet and discuss Dawg football…

yes let’s do lunch again before years end… you and yours stay well 

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, SouthernDawg, growl

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 7 months ago #82504 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Awesome Lunch
Looking around I see the system promoted you to "Premium Member".
There is no such rank. I will fix.
I literally hate it when a software update changes how the system is set up.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds