Forum

G-Day

2 years 5 hours ago #82468 by growl
G-Day was created by growl
I saw a lot of very good Football to look forward to on Saturday, also the D needs a lot of work to get back to the NC this year.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!! GATA!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 3 hours ago #82469 by SimpleDawg
Replied by SimpleDawg on topic G-Day
I liked what I saw during the G-Day Game, but we have to take it all with a grain of salt.... We still don't really know what we have. Each series, each play happens in a vacuum of sorts. What's the depth chart position of each player compared to the result...? For me, the biggest take-away was that the Dawgs appear to have a lot of really good athletes, although many are in various stages of talent and experience. Carson Beck looked the best I've seen since he arrived. SBIV still had his obligatory INTs, but he also made some really nice throws. The RBs look like they're ready to carry on the tradition. Holy smokes, the TEs are going to be outstanding. If Gilbert can lose some more weight, down to say 235 lbs., he could play WR & TE. OL should be fine. DL and DBs should be fine too. The question is LB.... Who will step up and fill the key roles in the middle of the defense...? If the LBs can carry their load, we can have another good defense.... maybe not great, but still really good.

When the first game begins in September, we will have a much better idea of what the complete package will look like. Best thing is, there were no serious injuries and a lot of players got their first taste of playing Between the Hedges with fans in attendance.

#DAWGSvsDUCKS
#GoDawgs! 
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
1 year 11 months ago #82470 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic G-Day
I was most pleased to see Beck look like he belonged out there.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
1 year 11 months ago #82471 by growl
Replied by growl on topic G-Day
Yes sir, Beck did a complete turn around from the last years QB.  Looked a lot more polished.

GO DAWGS!!!!!GATA!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.024 seconds