Forum

Be careful what you ask for,,,

2 years 2 months ago #82439 by yankeedawg1
Be careful what you ask for,,, was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Been reading in several  Texas fish wrappers… that NIL or not … doesn’t matter… the A &M …. Fan base aka donors …. Expect… wins … dominating scores …..   Jimbo  is very aware the honeymoon is a very short one.

yes he has a mega contract buyout….  But his Texas size ego.. he wants to be the man …. 

stay tuned ….  This soap opera is far from being over….  Mean while back on the Plains…..  The dumpster fire 
known as Assburn football continues ……. Hmmmm

Go Dawgs….

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 2 months ago #82440 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Be careful what you ask for,,,
The same "Jimbo" that basically admitted that cash deals have been a part of his recruiting for years prior to the NIL deals, and then went on a rage when people pointed out his #1 recruiting class was just coincidentally the #1 in NIL $$ deals?

College football is now nothing more than a free-agent feeder league for the NFL where a few student athletes that can not ascend to that level are used to complete the rosters.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #82441 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Be careful what you ask for,,,
Damn wart...I couldn't have said it any better.

I don't know where this goes and what it does to the game. The jury is still out. It's going to be an interesting ride over the next couple of seasons to see if they utterly ruin the game and lose their fanbase or if they reign in this insanity and tightly regulate it. Time will tell. I never underestimate the NCAA's ineptitude, so I'm sure it'll be as screwed up as a soup sandwich when they get involved with it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
2 years 2 months ago #82442 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Be careful what you ask for,,,
Texas A&M w/Jimbo

2018 0 - 5 stars
2019 2 - 5 stars
2020 2 - 5 stars
2021 1 - 5 star

NIL introduced

2022 7 - 5 stars and the highest ranked recruiting class of all time, but Jimbo is outraged that anyone sees a correlation there and completely denies there was a booster fund of $30 million that was funneled through NIL deals.

Everyone of those 5 stars just came to A&M because it's a great place to be.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #82443 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Be careful what you ask for,,,
Well, UGA is going to be fine in the new nil era. Will just be a few teams “in the game” and the dawgs will be for sure.

What baffles me is who in the heck cares enough about “championships” to throw money under the table to get players to come to their university. And get nothing in return. I know a lot of guys, and nobody who would give cash to guys with the only thing in return was good football play leading to a championship.

At least with nil the buyers get something for the effort. I bet the chicken fast food place stet was working for since the championship is doing okay. I only assume that was a nil thingy, right?

NFL fans are just as passionate. Anyone ever hear of boosters paying big money to free agents in addition to the team salary? I sometimes wonder if the bag cash you hear about comes from insiders making the big bank. Heck if I know, but it’s crazy how much the guys in the system make. And how fast a ten win guy gets the boot.

More
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds