Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday#11 19-11-21

2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #82093 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Game Day Friday#11 19-11-21 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

I do not believe our HC’s Gator halftime speech was a rant …( a rant to me is rambling of disconnected thoughts expressing anger and displeasure ) imho this was his raw passion to motivate our team to stay focused, not getting caught in a trash talking pissing contest …..

He also made it clear …. He wanted us to beat them in such a way that they would remember it for a long time… and not be looking forward to seeing us next year….. makes perfect sense to me …..

This weeks paid scrimmage offers an opportunity to rest and heal our starters and get game experience for our young pups….. looking forward to seeing new faces playing…..

Many ideas floating about who will return next year….. me thinks all that can wait…. Let’s stay focused on the task at hand …. Much remains to be done..

Noon kickoff again … recruiting and bonding time ….

Growl …… Taco and Burrito. Bar…. Let your mind go wild. …. pitcher of mojito’s to keep the ladies happy….

Pause and give thanks

Continue to check on family and friends ….

Have a great weekend and a safe week..

As always “ GO Dawgs "

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 4 months ago #82094 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday#11 19-11-21
Happy Friday all...

Our head Kirby made it really clear what he thinks of the Florida Gaytors, and he spoke for every true UGA fan out there. Dawgnation reporting that Kirby's contract negotiations begin after the season concludes. I'll make it easy. Give that man a lifetime contract and do it now. You tell us where to put the commas and decimal points on the check coach.

UGA will never find another coach that has the love, the passion, and the drive for the University of Georgia or its fans in the stands and in their homes across this land. I remember a post game speech Kirby gave on the field in 2019 where he said "I want to thank the fans in the stands tonight, I thought they were awesome. I also want to thank every fan at home watching us on TV. We could feel you tonight." That's intense.

It's starting to get the feeling of "real" now. 7-0 in the SEC. Major major accomplishment. That in and of itself is a championship season. Let's finish it strong and get to Atlanta to make it official. Next up, Charleston Southern. No one is taken for granted. Go out and play our brand of football. Let them know what the standard at Football, Inc. is.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
2 years 4 months ago #82095 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday#11 19-11-21
SD …. Excellent points… I can remember after Scrooge hired Kirby..

Groans from near and far … we could have done better….

As we noted on this board …. HC was green wood that needed

Seasoning…. Enjoy this nightmare… Kirby HC at any other SEC East ..school…

Spot on about his feelings about the fans…. And staying focused

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 4 months ago #82096 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday#11 19-11-21
I also remember when Kirby was made the HC at UGA, somehow I like the idea of becoming HC because that is your wish, I was one happy man, Kirby coaches the way he played. I can see even now he wants to be the HC that carries UGA to the heights we all want to attain, THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TITLE, and he wants to beat the best to get there. I personally believe that is his goal of goals and he won’t stop till it is accomplished. Not drinking kool aid folks, I believe it will happen because UGA is that good, and before it is all over the Offense is going to prove it self worthy also. MARK MY WORDS!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!! GATA!!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
2 years 4 months ago #82097 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday#11 19-11-21
Truth Growl..

No Kool Aid. …. Remember those posts from years ago..

I hope WLayton and his family are well .. I am sure he like others who have moved on from posting on this board are enjoying this
Season…..

Go Dawgs…..

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 4 months ago #82103 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday#11 19-11-21
Guys...

I understand loving Kirby, but a lifetime contract?

Come on now...

We can pay as much as anyone.
We're one of the most prestigious jobs in the nation.
We can extend him at a fair offer, and keep him by extending him again several more years down the road.

A "lifetime" contract is a bit much...

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds