Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday # 9. 06-11-21

2 years 5 months ago #82024 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Game Day Friday # 9. 06-11-21 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

LB Adam Anderson has been suspended… ACC police are investigating rape allegations filed by. 21 year old female…
No charges have been made while police and DA’s office investigate… stay tuned…

Not much to say about Saturday’s game…. Play to our standard… looking for Vandy results….. we cover..

Listened to media trying to pump up QB controversy…… HC can’t evaluate QB … picked Jake over Jacob … then Jake over Justin ..now SBIV over JT…. even heard the theory… HC saving JT for the fourth quarter of Natty… cause that’s how Bama wins
Playing us…. Hmmmm,…. Straight out of the twilight zone…..

Watch enough football at any level …. Controversy who plays who sits … same with other sports

Our goal this season is to be 15-0…. Only way to absolutely control our own destiny..

That means counting Saturday… Seven games remain…. competition elevates in SECCG

Same heads talking that Alabama might stumble against Assburn in the Iron Bowl… which is being played on the Plains this year..

Bunch of football still left to be played… Dawgs need to tend to business..

Pause and give thanks…

Continue to check on family and friends… often

Growl … cooler weather in Athens…. Toying with the idea of white chicken chili and cornbread….

As always “Go Dawgs “

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 5 months ago #82025 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 9. 06-11-21
YD,

White chicken chili - do it. One of my favorite recipes of all time. You've piqued my interest too, maybe I'll do that for game day. Haven't made that one in a long time.

I too have been seeing the tidal wave of articles this week about the JT v SB4 arguments, and I have some thoughts. Some of the articles have indeed been outlandish, but others have been serious. My thoughts are this - SB4 has been a very serviceable quarterback all season, and he has had many moments of flash brilliance. His mobility, and his will to win the game reminds me very much of Aaron Murray & Jake Fromm. SB4 will always go down in my book as a DGD. However (and there's always a 'however') let's look at something that I haven't seen anyone mention in the articles. One benefit SB4 has enjoyed this season is a lights-out defense and the unreal benefit that, to my knowledge, we have never played from behind all season. Not even a field goal. Maybe my memory is fuzzy, but I don't think UGA has been down to a single opponent at any point in the season.

My worry is this..

At some point this season, there's a good chance that we're going to finally run into a team and an OC that finds a way to crack into this defense. It most likely won't happen in the regular season. Maybe it's Bama. Maybe its Ohio State. Maybe its Mel Tucker and Mich. State. I wonder a great deal what SB4 would look like playing down 21-10 in the 3rd quarter. Is he the horse you want to saddle up on when we are down by two TDs in a game that has been a storm of errors? Is that the point you yank him and put in JT, hoping to save the season? Remember the 2019 Bama team? They were rolling all season with a dominant defense, and then they met Trevor Lawrence & a Clemson team that whipped them up & down the field. They hadn't faced an offensive challenge like that all year, and Clemson exposed every inadequacy that they had. It can happen folks. It can happen.

JT is the better all around QB. His accuracy is margins above SB4, even as good as SB4 has looked and how much I love him. If Georgia wins the natty this year, it will be in no small part due to SB4. He will be deserving of his ring. But I'm very concerned at this point that all this media hype is going to make Kirby dig his heels in even deeper and give the middle finger to the world and keep playing SB4. I hope he knows what he's doing. I do. Because if we squander this generational team due to a poor coaching decision with the better QB on the sideline watching us get dismantled, the UGA fan base will never forgive him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
2 years 5 months ago #82026 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 9. 06-11-21
SD… well said…

Much more to follow….

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author