Forum

Gator Week

2 years 6 months ago #81999 by yankeedawg1
Gator Week was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Beautiful fall morning in the Classic City… Congratulations to the Braves for winning NLCS…and making it to the World Series…

Alabama… playing with the Vols letting them hang around.. Nick had meltdown … Tide kicks the turbo in .. or smashing pumpkins..

OU and Cincinnati both had scares….gives Playoff Committee something to ponder…

Florida is our third urange team this season with just the Knoxville Pumpkins remaining…. Later on our schedule….

Yes .. I have a strong dislike for urange college football teams….

I Want our Dawgs to show up big time in Jacksonville….. really don’t care who starts.. just..for us to score often..

Torch Toddy’s defense…also a p pick six and returning a kick for a TD would supply a wonderful afternoon on the banks of the St. John’s.

Welcome our new commits to Athens… future DGD….

Have a safe week… more later

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 6 months ago #82000 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Gator Week
I don't even let my kid wear orange except on Halloween. It is the color of prisoners picking up trash along I-95.

That being said please let the front 7 dominate the way they have been all year. Watching Davis and Carter and Wyatt and Smith and Dean and Tindall and Anderson is good for my soul and good for recruiting. With the entire college football world wanting to play two hand touch defense and put up basketball scores the high school kids that like to play defense at a high level have fewer places to look to. Defense can and still does win championships. Hit the QB early and often and consistently and it becomes difficult to throw a thousand times a game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1

More
2 years 6 months ago #82001 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Gator Week
KD….. yup hanging zeros on the opponents ..now that’s sexy football..

Don’t come to the SEC if you want to play flag football…

Yes defense can and will win Natty’s…. OSU didn’t ha e enough
Defense to stop the Tide… and their offense also had a stressful time

Tides defense has not been the same since Kirby moved to Athens…

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 5 months ago #82002 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Gator Week
Just for reference:

The 2020 Champ was Alabama who scored 52 points in the championship game. Top 10 defenses that year from power 5 schools were Wisconsin, WVirginia, Iowa, TAM, (with UGA in at 11) Alabama's D was ranked 29th

The 2019 Champ was LSU who scored 42 points in the championship game. Top 10 defenses that year from power 5 schools were OSU, UGA, Wisconsin, Clemson, Michigan. Clemson's 5th ranked D gave up the 42 by LSU.

UGA's D could be historic, so here's to hoping this year does buc the recent trend of defenses not really winning championships.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
2 years 5 months ago #82003 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Gator Week

Wartdawg wrote: Just for reference:

The 2020 Champ was Alabama who scored 52 points in the championship game. Top 10 defenses that year from power 5 schools were Wisconsin, WVirginia, Iowa, TAM, (with UGA in at 11) Alabama's D was ranked 29th

The 2019 Champ was LSU who scored 42 points in the championship game. Top 10 defenses that year from power 5 schools were OSU, UGA, Wisconsin, Clemson, Michigan. Clemson's 5th ranked D gave up the 42 by LSU.

UGA's D could be historic, so here's to hoping this year does buc the recent trend of defenses not really winning championships.

While I agree with your point to an extent OSU is the future Notre Dame. They are sliding into irrelevance but dont know it yet. The Big Ten as a whole has been a one team conference to half a century. That is why they fair so poorly in bowl games historically. The conference is and has been a joke.

The LSU team of the year before was historically good on offense and that is the result of Burrough to some extent but the play calling and offense of Joe Brady was exceptional. Of course if he had stayed for more than one year defenses would have figured him out just like every other offense.

Football ebbs and flows. Offense sells ad time, but kids want to play defense too. A great defense seems to win more than not in college and in the NFL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
2 years 5 months ago #82004 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Gator Week
KD …. Yup … ebb and flow …… chess match between OC & DC

It pushes the changes we see on the field…. Nothing is permanent

Except change ……

Go Dawgs……

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1