Forum

#1 UGA BULLDOGS vs Everyone Else

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #81954 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic #1 UGA BULLDOGS vs Everyone Else
My diatribe wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. I just happen to think its time to change the narrative on Stetson.
The best quotes of the weekend came fromTwitter.

"Most mailmen run from dogs. Stetson Bennett is one."

"Make Stetson Bennett beat us seems like a good strategy. Problem is, he's doing it."

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #81956 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic #1 UGA BULLDOGS vs Everyone Else
Glad to be back in Colorado. Loved being in Georgia for a short time, but man humidity makes me want to commit crimes off of Old National.

That being said I give Bennett all the respect he has earned, but he is still limited compared to Daniels and that was clear on his first deep throw. It was under thrown and could have been picked.

He is serviceable. He is not elite. I love the dude for being a gamer. He is the Scott Skiles of the SEC.

All that being said this defense is historically good so whomever lines up behind center will be ok most likely.

Bennett has definitely gotten better at decision making. But every throw longer than 10 to 20 yards still causes me to be concerned.

On an unrelated note my father had his memorial service with military honors and a 21 gun salute.

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

More
2 years 5 months ago #81957 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic #1 UGA BULLDOGS vs Everyone Else
KD… glad you made it home safely…. Excellent points on SB4…

Go Dawgs!

More
2 years 5 months ago #81958 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic #1 UGA BULLDOGS vs Everyone Else
Stetson is a DGD, but that isn't going to stop me from thinking JT is the better talent overall.

Sorry, but that's just the way my opinion is and I'll not apologize for it.

I've also stated we may be good enough to win with either at QB, and I'll stand by every single word I've said with no apology.

Pretty sure we will find out if we can win with either as I think Kirby won't make a change as long as we keep winning.

I see Alabama dropped to #5, but here is what I think about "rankings". Does anyone on this board not think 'Bama beats those teams ranked 2,3, and 4?

Give me $100 to bet and I'm taking the Red Tide against all of them.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
2 years 5 months ago #81959 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic #1 UGA BULLDOGS vs Everyone Else
Alabama is still the 2nd best team in the country. Cincinnati is the 3rd best team. Iowa is a Big Ten joke. OU could not cover my daughters and keep them under 50 points ( of course they run track so...).

In the end UGA will have to beat Alabama. It is the way things are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

More
2 years 5 months ago #81962 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic #1 UGA BULLDOGS vs Everyone Else
I hate looking ahead, but just for the sake of argument - ASSUMING we do what we need to do and end up in Atlanta vs. Bama....

Bama being ranked #5 only means that they can't afford to lose another game and can't afford to lose the SEC Championship game. That said, A&M made our path a little easier, because if Bama that wins the SEC Championship by a narrow margin and yields them 12-1 and UGA 12-1, then almost certainly the CFP committee would seed UGA in the playoffs and most likely keep Bama out because of the loss against an unranked team - despite winning the conference championship. If they lost to a top 10, then Bama would go and UGA would be frozen out, but that loss to unranked A&M mortally wounds their chance to go to the playoffs, especially if you have an undefeated Iowa and/or Cincinnati.

That's enough speculation. We're miles away from that right now. There's a LOT of SEC ball left to be played. Take care of Kintucky. Then take care of FU.

Oh, and Wart - no, I have no doubt Bama will get their act together and win out. Even if it's not pretty, they'll win out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• SouthernDawg
  • SouthernDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds