Forum

Assburn week

2 years 6 months ago #81918 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Assburn week
ESPN did have an article referring to the betting line being lower than expected because of QB uncertainty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #81919 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Assburn week
SB4 had his best game against Assburn last year..

Unless JT is without a doubt ready.. HC … will rest him another week..

Good we have Kentucky at home… everything holds it will be a night

Game…. Kirby will call on the fans again to be Elite…….

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 6 months ago #81921 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Assburn week
The key to our QB pressure and controlling Nix will be on the ends where we must maintain the edge.

Jordan and others including an occasional blitz will provide plenty of pressure up the middle, so we've just got to make sure we keep Nix from being able to escape outside of his tackles. We will also want to play a lot of zone so we can keep our secondaries eyes looking in the backfield.

On offense, with Stetson or JT; the Plainsmen will stack the box and try and make us beat them through the air. I think there is where the lack of a larger push the pile type back hampers us a bit. Again the key here will be the ability to make hay off the tackles and pressure the edge. With a deep game lacking from the outside receivers, I look for the TE position to need to step up again. It would also be great if we could at least make them think about a passing game outside the numbers and deep as that would stretch that defense horizontally and help open up the middle. Unfortunately that isn't SB's strong suit.

As always,
God Bless and Go Dawgs

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
2 years 6 months ago #81923 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Assburn week
Kentucky kickoff at 3:30 CBS …. That means two games in a row
We maybe get to enjoy Uncle Gary…. Yes we get a week off between the two … and yes it’s better than a noon kickoff..

Oh yes Assburn in on the Eyeball network with Cousin Todd..

Three games without ESPN…… it is what it is….

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #81928 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Assburn week
I'm a little late to the game week chatter. It's been an incredibly busy week.

I've been seeing it all over every forum I read, every youtube college analysis channel I watch, an in opinion clips on ESPN at work. "Georgia hasn't played a real offense yet." So there it is. We are overrated, overhyped. That's exactly what I want to hear and what I want the players to hear. That's the antidote to rat poison.

I've heard all about the not-so-secret weapon of Bo Nix, who is going to give UGA's secondary fits. Nix is no doubt a crafty QB, but go watch the Auburn games. It seems like Nix has been at Auburn forever, and he seems like he's finally maturing into a solid QB. Even though we love to hate Auburn, Nix is not someone to take lightly. His footwork and timing are elite level, but what gets him in trouble is when he tries to beat the defensive scheme by calling audibles and executing very unorthodox offensive plays like go seam routes and throwing into heavy coverage because he truly believes he can thread the needle. Much is said about his mobility, and it surely is there, but I think that goes to UGA's advantage. When he gets flushed out of the pocket, he's not afraid to make dangerous throws into coverage.

I have no doubt in my mind that Bobo will be testing our defense right out of the gate and make them prove to him that they're going to be able to cover the deep ball. This might be the first game where we face an opponent who isn't dead set on establishing the run game. It will be there, for sure - they are the #4 rushing offense in the SEC, but I think UGA's secondary is seen as fertile testing ground for an aggressive offense - so I expect to see Nix gunsling until UGA shows him it won't work. Their entire objective, #1 first and foremost will be to get points on the board against us and do it fast. Take the momentum and hold onto it. This is a team that's average 475+ yards per game. The danger with Nix is that he can stretch the field. He doesn't mind slinging the ball at receivers in traffic and the problem for UGA is that if the QB throws the ball at enough targets, eventually he's going to hit some of them. I could see him causing us to play with a short field and placing heavy emphasis on protecting the end zone.

On our side of the ball - I expect to see exactly the same tempo-setting first drive just like we saw against the Hogs. Kirby puts heavy emphasis on setting the tempo the way the Dawgs want it, and unlike Auburn and going to the air, I think this game is going to be classic old-fashioned Georgia football. I anticipate Monken to come out and establish the run game to brutalize them and show them that they cannot stop our horses. Don't look for crazy passing #'s in this game. They'll be there, but I think it'll be a more subdued # vs a big running game. I think the defense has something to prove - again. In the end though, the defense will just be too much, and the big physical lines are going to wear them down by the 4th qtr.

Sadly, I do see our D getting some scores on them this game. Auburn's offense is just too dynamic. Expect the D to have some spectacular 3rd down stops.

41-14, Dawgs.

More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds