Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday#5 02-10-21

2 years 6 months ago #81875 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Game Day Friday#5 02-10-21 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

Happy October ….. cooler weather with lower humidity has arrived in Athens this week..…. This is our second SEC home game …. Against a good Arkansas team…. Good but not elite….

We now know a little bit more about the world of college football in 2021…. Few would have made the predictions that have come to pass..

Teams who were golden last season have shown an amount of vulnerability …. More surprise upsets will follow…. Media is trying to paint the Hogs as a challenge to Alabama …. I am not there yet…. Only because I remember very well the 1969 Mets winning the World Series and how Gil Hodges managed his team… I listened to more AM radio game broadcasts on my little Philco 8 transistor portable that year than I have every done… no cable TV… Linsey Nelson,Bob Murphy and Ralph Kiner … they all had the ability to put you in a seat behind home plate…... nobody but nobody gave those Mets a glimmer of hope….Including myself....Learned my lesson….the game is not played on paper…. Do the Hogs have the same magic… we will have a better idea late Saturday afternoon….. I think not ….. Vegas still holding at…. Dawgs by 18…. a Hog win is n to impossible.... however, it is not probable ..... no disrespect Coach Sam...

Kirk and Chris will broadcast the game…. Very unusual for them to broadcast a Noon game….. they are not jetting off to Tuscaloosa …. After Game Day is over at Noon….

Seven Five Star recruits will be in the stands watching… bypassing a night Alabama home game…. against Ole Miss ….. hmmmm…..

Why I think Dawgs will win ……. QB…. JT reads defenses better than JK Jefferson… and has the ability to change plays at the scrimmage line…. Not sure that JK has the same freedom …

Dawgs have more offensive weapons than the Hogs.... Hogs have one notable RB and WR....

Heads forecasting they only way the Hogs can win is via the long pass …. Deep balls require time and protection for the QB ….. this is questionable at best with our front seven …..….. This game plan is a bit suspect to me…

However, the biggest reason I think we handle the piglets …..Kirby and his assistants from day one …. Including Coach Sam…. as our OL Coach

Recruited and developed quality depth …. It has taken six years of top ranked recruiting classes to establish our quality depth thus far ….thgis is part of he process... you can ever recruit to many good players... Coach Sam is in his second year as HC ….. given time he will build the required depth ... needed to compete in the SEC….

Growl …. As they say at Weaver “D”s … a local Athens soul food eatery … “ Automatic for the people “…… Hogs at home...absolutely requires we smoke some good “Q”… get me some sticky fingers….

Pause and give thanks…

Continue to check on family and friends …. Often

Have a great weekend and a safe week….

As always… “As Always Go Dawgs "

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #81877 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday#5 02-10-21
Happy Game Day Friday....

A cool & crisp autumn's morn in the Queen City. Lots of analysis of this game throughout the week. Lots of media hype and Arkansas tire pumping by the paid mouths. SDS has had fair coverage of this game with a balanced approach. I've watched quite a bit of film when I had time this week on Arkansas. Let's dispel some rumors:

1) "What was once a gimme game is now the biggest of the year"

Wrong. This was never a gimme game. There are no gimme games in the SEC. Each win is earned. This was never a gimme game in the mind of one Kirby Smart. The only people in whose minds this was a gimme game are the same people telling us we thought it was a gimme game. See how this works?

2) Georgia's Clempson win was overrated

Wrong. Clempson's D is elite, we had a banged up QB and it was the first game of the season. Did the media believe Clempson was overrated when they billed the game? No. Did it take Clempson almost losing to unranked Tech and actually losing to an unranked NC State to drop them to #25? Yes it did. And is this overrated team who struggled mightily with two unranked teams STILL in the top 25? Yes they are. Enough with this BS.

3) Georgia hasn't played a team like Arkansas

Wanna play that game, eh? Fair enough. But let that door swing both ways - Arkansas ain't played a team like Georgia.

I get the fact that the Arkansas is the little team that could right now. Cinderella is sporting her beautiful dress and the sports media is swooning over her like drunken horny teenagers. "Can Arkansas run the table?" "Is Arkansas the new Bama?" "Is this the year the SEC West power structure changes?" No. No. and No.

Sam Pittman has them playing great ball and it's only gonna get better for their recruiting after these marquee wins. But Arkansas is not winning this game. Vegas has us at -18.5. I think that's juicy and I think we cover that comfortably. I do think the Hogs hit us in the secondary for a TD, and maybe a FG or two at most. Jefferson is an able QB who is on an ascendancy right now, but the Dawgs defense will read his scrambles and apply ruthless pressure at the line and in the pocket. Some really fast big bodies on Georgia's D that will slow down the effectiveness of the scramble. Jefferson has not faced the amount of pressure and quick decision making he's going to endure against Georgia's D.

Dawgs come out like a tidal wave and go up early and don't look back. This team just has too much depth, too many weapons, too many options, and a once-in-a-generation defense that once again shuts the doors to the end zone.

UGA 38 ARK 13.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
2 years 6 months ago #81878 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday#5 02-10-21
SD… your detailed and accurate thoughts about our upcoming game are spot on …. Well written… thanks for sharing..

Sidebar… it just might be that our success on the field has led to the lack of interest in posting….

No lack of wine and cheese posts when we were losing to teams we should have crushed…

Or a post a note. OC . You get the idea. …. Nothing to complain about…

The traffic on the Clemson football boards confirms … misery loves company…..

Stay well friend ..early coffee tomorrow morning… Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 6 months ago #81880 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday#5 02-10-21
YD -

Since its just the two of us on here anymore, I'll join you for some early a.m. coffee and last minute pre-game chatter. Gotta get a few things done on the house before the ridiculous noon kickoff. Broadcasters tomorrow are Herbie and Chris Fowler. Great. I'm sure we'll be in for a full game of Ohio State comparisons.

Grill gets fired up at 11:30 for brats, corn, and tater salad with some boiled peanuts and beer. Menu definitely includes swine.

Go Dawgs!

More
2 years 6 months ago #81881 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday#5 02-10-21
I hear we're a sexy pick for an upset.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
2 years 6 months ago #81882 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday#5 02-10-21
Always good to hear from you Limey…. Yes picking the Hogs is

A sexy upset pick .. me thinks not. Enjoy the game..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds