Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday#4 24-09-21

2 years 7 months ago #81844 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Game Day Friday#4 24-09-21 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

First SEC Road game… Nashville… Vandy….

Don’t buy the media crapola…. The garbage that Vandy put out last year is history…. Focusing on this year and this game…

We spot Vandy 35 pts…. Dawgs win… and cover…

Like SD said… HC can play anybody at QB he wants… this is the perfect game for us to continue to heal and get better… more game experience for our young players….a very good thing….

Come out fast…keep the pedal down…. Shake hands…shower…get home to Athens early… enjoy Saturday night at home with Sunday off..

Some random thoughts..

Buc, you came to mind when I read a story this week about Jordan Davis…
Unsung 3 Star … our coaching staff saw raw talent… Jordan put the work in to keep his weight down… learned how to play his position… as Buc noted on numerous posts…. Just Coach’m… up…. Just what happened with Jordan… he will play on Sunday and do very well…

That can be said for several of other Dawgs who play on Sunday…

Growl and SD pointed out correctly that the media drones on about....we as fans hav e our concerns also...

Our young secondary..
Our young OL
Lack of typical Georgia potent running game…
Early trouble with our place kicker…
Youth in our receiving group..

imho….. with three games under our belt..... we have shown improvements in all areas... yes more is needed ... process ... continues ...

In the last two games … our young receivers played very well… veterans our healing and should become available over the next two weeks

George Pickens… ahead on rehab… very good chance he will be available for Jacksonville…. Fingers crossed… JT spoke to getting George back when he is fully healed… and ready to play… he wants what’s best for George…. going forward..

I believe we will see OL improvements this week in our run blocking…

RB’s will be wearing big smiles after the game…

Sidebar… PassPro.. by OL has been solid… keeping JT’s …. upright ... this was noted as a big goal going into fall camp…. Pretty certain that given time JT can find an open receiver…

I posted earlier… time for Beck to have the light to come on…. Needs his confidence boosted….. be good to get him extended work this week….

Now comes the rest of the story… regardless this group knows even if they grade out triple A plus…. There is always room for improvement…

“ Either you're Elite…. Or you're not “ …. CKS ... it was first directed at our defense ... now the entire team has focused on having it apply to them..

Pause and give thanks

Continue to check on family and friends ... often

Have a great weekend and a safe week ....

As always "Go. Dawgs "

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 7 months ago #81845 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday#4 24-09-21
Just a couple of thoughts...

Jordan Davis was another of those gems I talked about a few years ago (18 his freshman year I believe) as one that would be a monster. He's the foundation of that D line now.

We should be able to play anyone at QB on Saturday indeed, but that wont play against a tougher opponent. Plus we know what he have in Stetson... Beck is the one who could use some live game reps.

God bless and go Dawgs.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
2 years 7 months ago #81846 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday#4 24-09-21
Wart … totally agree… Beck needs as many live game snaps as

feasible going forward for the remainder of the season..

Not a bad idea to slide Brock in for a series or two….

Need to have some forward thinking on next year before spring ball

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds