Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday #2. 10-09-21

2 years 7 months ago #81784 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Game Day Friday #2. 10-09-21 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

Week two …finds the media.. aka talking heads… having a feeding frenzy over the looming question … Is JT going to be able to start/play ?

In this weeks game……. Well it doesn’t matter ….. both Carson and Brock are ready …. HC clearly stated that Carson is #2 coming out of fall camp.

IMHO … starting to build game time experience for our 2022.. QB makes a great deal of sense …..

UAB is going to get a very large dose of our running game whoever our QB is..… allowing our OL to gather experience and build depth…. While getting our RB’s some more game time touches…. I would like to see us get a comfortable lead and then play as many players as possible..

I didn’t feel our receiving group would be any further healed this week…. Next two games after UAB…. Gamecocks at Home… Vandy in Nashville
Both provide additional time to heal….

All the info coming off campus JT could play if he had too …. Muscle strains needs rest and therapy ..plus time to heal…. In a earlier post after the Clemson game .. I stated that I liked our schedule … it provides time to heal and we can build depth and experience… a very good thing.

I don’t think JT’s injury played into us not having a down field passing game last week…. Lack of available receivers posed a bigger problem… yes they had all fall to work together in practice… huge difference playing against a “D” like Clemson….. I think once HC saw how the Clemson game unfolded he and our OC didn’t what a TO…. That would give Clemson any spark….

A nugget I came across .... half the time Clemson had the ball… they ended in.. 3 and out …. Our “D” sang lullabies to Clemson all night…. Awesome…

Pause and give thanks…

Continue to check of family and friends ….

Have a great weekend … stay safe and well

As always “Go Dawgs "

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, SouthernDawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 7 months ago #81788 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #2. 10-09-21
Happy game day Friday all....

Agreed that JT's injury had little to do with the lack of vertical offense and everything to do with a top 3 defense in the nation they were playing against and it being game #1. That cannot be understated that playing a team like Clemson right out of the gate is a real crucible.

Tomorrow's game should give the offense a chance for the offense to stretch out a bit and test/tune the playbook.

Go Dawgs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.021 seconds