Forum

From Athens - Friday Thoughts 27-08-21

2 years 7 months ago #81739 by yankeedawg1
From Athens - Friday Thoughts 27-08-21 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

It has been a very busy summer for the wife and myself. In April our dog Georgia passed away she was 15 and a huge fan of Georgia football.
Her fall Saturday’s were filled with a treat each time they scored a touchdown …. DGD …. She is missed...

Our road trips included driving the entire length of the Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway which totaled over 600 miles… next was a June family wedding in Turner,Maine ( near Portland)…… plenty of great seafood and a midnight back woods adventure drive to watch the Moose feeding….. huge animals…….

However, the biggest even of the summer was the addition of Duchess ….. She is a harlequin Great Dane who came home with us on June 26 at the age of 10 weeks.

She is now four and a half months … knee high and a dainty 45 pounds …. She has a Gator stuffed toy that she has learned how to maul … she will be ready for Jacksonville….. she is twitchy quick …. Edge rusher …. Enjoys watching the DVR of last season’s games … knows already…”Touchdown” Georgia equals treats for her.….. I am hoping top set a season record for passing out dog treats....

I won’t bore you with the redundancy of repeating the endlessly injury news that has followed our football team since the spring drills in March….

The talking heads feasted on all the doom and gloom about our football team…. Endless and repeated negative…. Garbonzo…. Once again proving the desire on reporting negative news…

Pee Wee to the NFL …. You have to play with the players you have … a simplistic statement but true.. we have learned that quality depth is mandatory in college football …. CKS has stressed this in his tenure….. as our HC.

I said early on that I really liked the chemistry of this team… Kirby has put together a staff that is proving that they can coach and teach…at a very high level…. Amazing how we have benefited from the addition of Will Muschamp…. He is valued as a very hands on assistant coach.…

A number of our players have come forth and spoke to the value of Will’s knowledge and his teaching ability … Avery good thing

Looking for to next Friday and the first Game Day Friday of the season…. Been way to long since we enjoyed tailgating and watching the Dawgs.

Pause and give thanks… Continue to check on family and friends ….

Have a great weekend....

Stay safe and well…

As always … “ Go Dawgs "

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 7 months ago #81740 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts 27-08-21
Great post Yd1, I always enjoy reading them. I to am really looking forward to this season, it should be a good one!

GO DAWGS! GATA!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
2 years 7 months ago #81741 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts 27-08-21
Growl.... appreciate the kind words.....

Stay well ...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #81742 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts 27-08-21
YD1 you had an interesting summer. The new dog is a cutie. I bet she has got you guys wrapped around her paw.

I am glad you are back. The extra long break with Covid has been hard for Dawg fans.
Reading your Friday posts are part of the weekly cycle of Dawg land. Good stuff and always something to think and talk about. We are lucky to have you in our squad.

Growl, are you ready to go next Saturday? I will be there.

Go Dawgs

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

2 years 7 months ago #81743 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts 27-08-21
Boss Dawg ... yup Duchess has her humans wrapped around her paws... no question... more like she lets us live with her...

Has her last round of booster shots at the vet in the morning...

Be interesting to see her weight gain from her July visit...

Stay cool and well ... one more week....

Go Dawgs.....

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #81744 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts 27-08-21
Aye Aye, Game Day will be right on time. Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise!

GO DAWGS! GATA!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds