Forum

From Athens - Friday thought 04/23/21

3 years 2 days ago #81683 by yankeedawg1
From Athens - Friday thought 04/23/21 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Spring has come to the Classic City... a might chilly last two nights lows into mid 30’s luckily no frost so our dirty babies escaped within any damage... we have added seven new Japanese Maple trees bringing our total to 12... all different varieties.. they line the main path into our shade garden...

Some thoughts on our football team... before groaning that we have heard all this for years before..which is true and it has
Been a short 41 years since our last Natty... however... we live in a different time... for several reasons.....

IMHO... it gives validation to the statement... it truly does feel different.... one has to feel better with replacing the Hobbit with J.T.......

Some further observations..... shortly a CKS hiring and after some of his early bonehead coaching errors... I believe it was Buc who offered one of his sage pieces of advice... our HC needs seasoning....truth.. we can sight several examples of improvement going into his fifth rodeo...

Unlike some others he is making the transition from a coordinator to HC...... a very good thing.... yes it’s still a work in progress.

Will we win a Natty this season....I have no clue... but we have a horse in the race ... for years it’s been the Tide and the rest of college football.... for preseason picks... wash ...dry ....repeat..

Setting Pickens injury aside... been a good spring camp.... much work to be done over the summer...

Also our coaching staff is in sync and has strong chemistry..... like it a lot...

Kentdaddy..... enjoy making family memories.this summer... good on you sir ..

Wife and I have two road trips coming up..... May we are going to Virginia and drive the entire length of the Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway.... which covers nearly 560 miles.... stops will include Mt. Mitchell for sunset photo shoot..

June has a Maine family visit scheduled ... the wife has another nephew getting married... and she will shoot the wedding while I continue my quest to find the best seafood in Maine... June is a prime month to view and photograph the Milky Way and the galactic core..... going to try shooting a panorama using a lighthouse as a foreground...

Looking forward to posting my Game Day Friday... as usual.. Growl sincerely hope you will handle your Saturday Game Day..

Pause and give thanks.... blessed..

Continue to check on family and friends often....

Stay well and safe.....

As always “Go Dawgs “

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 23 hours ago #81686 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens - Friday thought 04/23/21
Yd1, I surely plan to handle Gameday every Saturday, God Willing and the Creek don't Rise, I'm ready to get it on. Yd1, I found that around the Kennebec River and Bath, Maine there are some really good Seafood eateries. Of course its been 20 years since I was last there and I really miss the really fresh Lobstuh and Crab that I could get there. I'm not much for eating Fish, but a truly Love Shellfish. Lets play some Football ya'll

GO DAWGS!!! GATA!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
3 years 14 hours ago #81687 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday thought 04/23/21
Growl... great ..good to hear you have Saturday’s game day cover.... I have been in the Bath area in my youth traveling to Southwest Harbor and my Aunts home for summer visits .. in the early 60’s. ... come to learn later that I had several Uncles who worked at the Bath Iron Works ... shipyards.... agree..I like shellfish over fish...however....a good piece of fresh fried haddock ..it must have a serious crunch.... works..... Taste of Maine a food truck that is located during the summer at Portland Headlight ( Lighthouse) has a legit lobster roll made with sriracha Mayo gets my blood pumping....

You and family stay well and safe ..... get your pellet grill tuned for the season.... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #81688 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens - Friday thought 04/23/21
Growl, Still wanting a Traeger grill here. I shopped. Got one picked out that will carry well on the back of my motor home RV. Now to get the $$$.

I am ready to have a regular season of Dawg football. Chomping at the bit. Might even take the RV up for a tail gate. YD1 get ready. Anyone else interested? If we can get up a few I will make an effort to secure the spot.
stevedawg

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

2 years 11 months ago #81689 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday thought 04/23/21
Boss Dawg... Dawgs.com tailgate would be awesome...

I am in....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 11 months ago #81690 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens - Friday thought 04/23/21
Id like to,but typically I work on Saturdays:angry:

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day