Forum

Dawgs getting serious

3 years 3 months ago #81628 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Dawgs getting serious
KD.... all good points .... I admit that I got caught up big time with our QB problems early on ... looking back

being frustrated with Kirby was based on my misunderstanding what information was available about JT's health status....

Being medically cleaned and being SEC football ready to play are not the same ..... yes if HC had been more forthcoming he would have would have deflected much of the fan and press pushback .... may have had something to do with his mentor CNS....

GO DAWGS !!

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #81629 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Dawgs getting serious

yankeedawg1 wrote: KD.... all good points .... I admit that I got caught up big time with our QB problems early on ... looking back

being frustrated with Kirby was based on my misunderstanding what information was available about JT's health status....

Being medically cleaned and being SEC football ready to play are not the same ..... yes if HC had been more forthcoming he would have would have deflected much of the fan and press pushback .... may have had something to do with his mentor CNS....

GO DAWGS !!

I think we all were frustrated with you. I tried to put a happy spin on it because I love Hobbits. But in the end UGA like Alabama or Clemson has to be elite at the QB position and Rudy was not elite. He has great hair though.

Given how Richt flashed in his first 5 seasons and rarely were his teams great after 2005 I am willing to be patient with incremental progress and sustained greatness instead of mediocre with the occasional flash near the top like 2012.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
3 years 2 months ago #81654 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Dawgs getting serious
JT's health aside.... what was most frustrating was going into this season having to depend on transfers to handle the QB position.

I'm over it now, but that's inexcusable at the elite level we want to be at.

If we go through another year of "we could have been great except we didn't have any ________", then I will start calling him Kirby Richt.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
3 years 2 months ago #81657 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Dawgs getting serious

Wartdawg wrote: JT's health aside.... what was most frustrating was going into this season having to depend on transfers to handle the QB position.

I'm over it now, but that's inexcusable at the elite level we want to be at.

If we go through another year of "we could have been great except we didn't have any ________", then I will start calling him Kirby Richt.

That is fair. I think Kirby was just a defensive guy at heart and he believed game manager with an elite defense would always win. The game has changed and that is not enough though what happened to the Kansas City Chiefs last night will be studied and dissected.

More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds