Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts 08-01-21

3 years 3 months ago #81615 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts 08-01-21 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

Ok so it’s been slightly longer than 24 hrs since the Peach Bowl ended.

But after soaking up the two CFP semifinal games and the what I felt was the forthcoming fireworks with our players declaring for the NFL... I felt it best to wait to weeks end to post.... so I extended the 24 hr rule... just a little....

JT Daniels... James Cook ... Devonte Wyatt... and Jordan Davis... all declared that they would be returning to play 2021 season for the Dawgs.

Welcome news for the stability of our football team....

Jordan made his announcement stating he would see us in Charlotte...

We are scheduled to open the season playing Clemson.... if we follow this seasons ruling of only playing an all SEC conference schedule this game is not going to come off... hopefully it will... and be an indication of improvement in our COVID-19 recovery....

Was OSU that good or did Clemson just pick a bad time to lay an egg??

Maybe some of both.... CFPCG.... Roll Tide....

Coaching changes will continue.... the landscape of college football has changed for the foreseeable future..... imho that can be expanded to include all sports... as well as our entire lifestyle..... better known as the new norm....

Moxie.... Growl/Chief....that word was a flashback to my early days hadn’t heard it for a long while... yes Dawgs showed moxie and grit....

As Wart noted correctly.... a sideline shot of our bench late in the third quarter ... showed that we were dejected and ready to find our way back to Athens..

Big Mo.... swung and our defense started too make plays ....

Wasn’t nearly as pretty as last years win over Baylor.... but it was a win..

Young pups grew up some... they have had the training wheels removed...

Coaching staff grew some grey hairs.... HC .... seasoned a bit more..

Now to settle into a winters worth of waiting... to see if spring ball will happen..... over a very good football team playing with a great deal of energy .....

Congratulations to our new AD...Josh Brooks... Scrooge has left the building.... Buc is smiling like a Cheshire Cat.....

Pause and give thanks

Continue to check on family and friends often...

Have a safe weekend and week...

As always “ Go Dawgs “

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 3 months ago #81616 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts 08-01-21
Good summary. I am excited these guys are coming back. If Davis works on getting after the QB he could make Geno Atkins type money and impact.

UGA will likely have the best QB in conference for a change. And talent everywhere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.025 seconds