Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday 27-11-20

3 years 5 months ago #81501 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday 27-11-20
Growl...

Be a fine idea to try and pull a Dawg.com meet and great

Together.... see who be willing to converse and has interest..

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 5 months ago #81502 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday 27-11-20
Maybe some of the other members will chime in, consider it a personal invite to join us.

GO DAWGS!!!!! GATA!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
3 years 5 months ago #81504 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday 27-11-20
I like the idea of the turkey panini. I am a certified turkeyholic. I am like the dad in "A Christmas story". I love smelling the turkey, carving the turkey, and eating all the dark meat myself while the others go for the breast.

It's all in how you cook it and carve it to keep the breast moist, but I much favor the dark meat from around the thigh and upper wing.

Then when that's all done by Friday, it's on to the turkey soup which I will be doing today.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
3 years 5 months ago #81506 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday 27-11-20
With you on the turkey soup Wart....

Today I will be baking the bones.. I break up the carcass on a roasting pan along with some peeled onions , carrots,and celery.

Roast veggies and bones at 375 until bones are nice brown color, transfer to crockpot...cover with water.. cook on low
12 hrs... add any leftover gravy...cool to room temp .... strain out bones and veggies.... place in broth in refrigerator let chill until you can skim any excess fat off the top...

Baking the bones extracts the bone oils... makes broth so so yummy... I use same method with store bought rotisserie chicken

Making chicken vegetable soup .. meat is cooked already.. easy ... when doing chicken I use chicken broth instead of water to the crockpot..

Chicken bones are not as intensive as turkey.. let the feasting continue .... enjoy making your nectar of the gods...

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds