Forum

Gator Game Week ....2020

3 years 5 months ago #81355 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Gator Game Week ....2020
As of now.... LeConte will miss several weeks... damn lucky to be alive...

Rochester...ACL out the remainder of the season..

Jordan .... out several games..

Others who are Dinged up .. have to see who makes the trip to JAX ...

Had a conversation with a old dawg booster ..... he is hearing that just like Fields.. JT ... has not gotten use to the SEC speed and reading high caliber defenses... he practices daily against a very good defense.... HS coach says he is a fast learner....

Good reads thriller & wart...

No means am I being a sunshine pumper however.....

We don’t know what we don’t know .... or .. we see very little of what goes into HC’s decision making.. just the end results..

frustration...leads us to the conclusion.... it’s his stubbornness that prevents him from making the changes that we see

So clearly... I am not applying for a job of defending our or any HC.... don’t own any stock in Stetson....

what if..... we were able to watch every snap of practice... and at the end of the day... arrived at the same conclusion..

Right now .... our best QB ... with the most SEC experience... and gives us the best chance at winning is SB ....

If I were HC ... JT or Mathis need to have some live game PT.... script some packages....... we may be forced to using a

backup QB For several health related reasons... at some point in the future....

Hopefully our depth that we have been building.... makes the trip to JAX... and shows up big....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 5 months ago #81356 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Gator Game Week ....2020
No we don't know what we don't know, but the old "we aren't there for practice" is a tired line.

Any coach at anytime can throw that out there.

JT didn't come in a freshman. He had played D-1 ball as a starter. So does this mean Newman wouldn't have been ready either? I mean he hadn't adjusted to the speed of the SEC either.

So my issue here even if I buy this is that what is supposed to be a top-tier D1 school from the SEC went into the season with Stetson Bennett as the only QB on their roster ready for the SEC?

That's some piss-poor planning right there.

Plus even if all this is true and Bennett gives us the best chance to win, wouldn't it make sense to actually let him and this offense continue to work on the passing game? We had 13 passing attempts against Kentucky. 7 of 9 completions were on attempts 11 yards or less.

This response isn't directed at you YD. You make good points as to what could be true, but I'm still questioning our plan.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #81357 by yankeedawg1
Wart ... I share your frustrations .... yes my last post is filled with very well used excuses and drivel ....

Having said that.... being completely bald I have no hair to pullout.... so I just stumble about trying to find some logic to how we reached this point...

which takes me back to when Jacob went down and opened the opportunity for Jake ......

your statement about lack of QB development has been here since CKS arrived and goes back to CMR days with his hot mess with Faton.....

Might it be as simple as ... CKS put all his egg in one basket ..... with Jamie ?? and then there was LSU getting beat by Assburn.....

You and yours stay well Wart ... enjoy your honest and open thinking ....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 5 months ago #81358 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Gator Game Week ....2020
YD, there is a lot of wisdom on this board and the least of it comes from my keyboard.

I just am just incredibly frustrated at yet another season where there are some pretty obvious signs that we don't have the horses to win it.

Especially at this position. Even best case we went into this year looking at
two transfers and a zero experience kid coming off of brain surgery to be that answer. You can't have #1-3 recruiting classes every year and find yourself in this position.

I am not listening to any excuses.

That ship has sailed.

If we can't do it then we need to say nothing more than we didn't get it done... yet again.

No excuse for 40 years of this at this University.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #81359 by yankeedawg1
Wart ... your comments about the lack of a plan is striking...

I am old school ...as I am also old but mentors drilled me early on.... having a plan ..and it working it poorly is better

Than no plan at all... which is called chaos... or in today’s speak.... wtf....

Your point about having a plan B or even a plan C.... imho is necessary..... if you expect to find success....

Here’s hoping .. that Kirby the seemingly blind squirrel finds a nut of wisdom.... nobody is pulling harder for him to be

successful Than we who are the Bulldog Nation..... “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds