Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday #5 29-10-20

3 years 5 months ago #81316 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Game Day Friday #5 29-10-20 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

Much has been written about our second half performance in Tuscaloosa…. The Heads have sliced and diced us as have some of our fan base…. With six games left to play…..all against SEC opponents.. there are many twists and turns that await us moving forward….

As it does with everyone else playing college football this season….. what has been called the new norm …. aka…. The new challenge of the day… has brought a boatload of added complications and how each team and conference has chosen to deal with them….

The center of attention and blame falls on Stetson Bennett and his poor ..OK … bad … yup… really bad performance against the Tide…. This includes some missed opportunities in the first have as well as his well documented second half disaster…..

However, that hot mess known as our second half …. had more than enough short comings to be shared by many of our players and coaches…..

The word I m hearing here in Athens..is the same that the heads and those who have shared and posted here…. JT is close to being ready… but not completely game ready… yet….

We were gifted two weeks off... to heal and improve… which I believe we used to do just that…. This includes more time for JT…..

Our HC has never tipped his hand on who will play where and when ….. nothing new here……. It really tweaks the media when they are left guessing..

Which takes us to a familiar crossroad….. “In Kirby we Trust” or….. I am not sure CKS is up to being SEC.. HC… hell of a DC but…… just seem he lacking….to compete with the elite team coaches……

I actually heard and read last week about how much better CMR was at this stage in his coaching career at Georgia…. Life lived in the rearview mirror……

My two cents….. we are no worse off with our loss to the Tide when it happened than if we had won…. We could have run the table … but a loss in the SECCG would imho leave us out of the top 4...

….. our ticket to the CFP goes through the Benz and the SECCG ……. And winning it….. just possible that if we face the Tide again and they are undefeated …. That would open the possibility of two SEC teams making the final 4…… history repeating itself…. Hmmm…

Dawgs need to go to Lexington and stay focused… start and finish strong …..

We will have more answers come Saturday afternoon …. About how well we used our. Bye week to get better...

Yes Wart.... It's still good...very good to be a Dawg !!

Growl….. our clan wants Mom’s black bean chili and cornbread…. so I get a bye week off the grill …..

Pause and give thanks….. much to be thankful for…..

Continue to check of family and friends … often..

Have a safe weekend and week…

As always “Go Dawgs"

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl, scooby

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 5 months ago #81317 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #5 29-10-20
Sorry but anyone claiming Richt was measurably better than Kirby doesn't have a firm grip on reality.

One can say they were equitable at this point, but Richt was not "better".

It doesn't even matter anyway. Richt was past his prime here and it was time to move on. The measure of Smart will come as his career progresses and the final tally can only be made when his time here is over.

Personally I think this team is a QB and maybe a WR away. I don't want to sound negative about Bennett because the kid was probably 4th on the depth chart and has played his heart out while exceeding a lot of expectations, but I've been pretty clear about the fact that in this day and age, good at the QB position doesn't cut it. We've got to be great there.

I want to judge Kirby when he has "that guy".

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
3 years 5 months ago #81318 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #5 29-10-20
I agree with Wart.

Also Richt was a bad coach.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

More
3 years 5 months ago #81319 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #5 29-10-20
KD ... Wart ... when I heard that old gruel that surfaces every season about CMR ....being better ... yada yada..

I also had the same thoughts shared by the both of you..... yes CKS ...has his faults as we all do .... but your both

correct... time to have this discussion about Kirby .... is not now... for a whole host of reasons..

Clemson now faces the challenge of playing a backup QB .. Wishing Trevor a fast and complete recovery...

Go Dawgs....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 5 months ago #81320 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #5 29-10-20
Trevor seems to be a good dude. Wish him well. But he does kinda look like a young Janet Reno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
3 years 5 months ago #81322 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #5 29-10-20
KD.... I can see what you mean... a youthful Janet Reno... maybe a younger Elizabeth Warren... Sir Trevor has similar

high cheek bones....

Stay well.... enjoy the game

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds