Forum

From Athens - Friday Bye week #1 - 23-10-20

3 years 6 months ago #81301 by yankeedawg1
From Athens - Friday Bye week #1 - 23-10-20 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

The change in our schedule so we have a bye week this week is proving to be a benefit...added time to heal dinged up players and more practice time
to correct errors and try to improve... while the Wildkittens are not the Tide ... they will provide enough of challenge to cause us to not overlook them.... especially as the game is in Lexington...

Nothing changed as far as our course to the CFP... we need to win out.. it has been this way since our first game....

As Wart commented recently ... there is a lot of football remaining to be played and it’s all against SEC competition.... as is the case with all 14 SEC teams.. weekly surprises are almost guaranteed... leave us not being one of them... please

As usual... the HC is not tilting his hand as who will be our starting QB in Lexington...

Heads are all calling to have a look at J.T.

CKS... did toss us a bone early this week stating J.T. mobility was improving.... hmmm... while being cleared to play ...and now without a brace it would seem to point to ... why J.T. Is not playing .. it would be a physical issue..which Kirby acknowledges as improving with each practice....

Like the NCCA men’s basketball season.... it’s all practice...focusing on getting into March Madness.... then the Final Four....

Winning your conference championship may or may not get you into the CFP...... could a two loss team claim a spot in the top 4... hmmm
Not likely... but ...

With some conferences playing few games it will be somewhat of a challenge for the playoff committee to establish a fair formula to select which are the four best teams at years end... stay tuned....

Pause and give thanks...

Continue to check on your family and friends often...

Have a safe weekend and week...

As always “Go Dawgs “

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 5 months ago #81302 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens - Friday Bye week #1 - 23-10-20
Nick Saban preaching the same message that I have been saying, and this is why UGA lagging:

www.foxnews.com/sports/alabama-nick-saba...ing-college-football

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
3 years 5 months ago #81303 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Bye week #1 - 23-10-20
As usual.l. CNS .... speaks the tru... and not candy coated..

Like everything else ...... change is .... on going... looking forward to seeing what two weeks off has done

For our Dawgs..

Stay well ...

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 5 months ago #81304 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic From Athens - Friday Bye week #1 - 23-10-20
It is true. The UGA defense can easily stop every team in football with the exception of maybe three ( Bama, Clemson and maybe OSU though I have my doubts about the soft Big Ten). We have to get better on offense.

More
3 years 5 months ago #81305 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens - Friday Bye week #1 - 23-10-20
We don't hit HR's. We try and single and double them to death while these top tier teams hit 3-4 home-runs a game.

Explosiveness which we lack, and I don't know how we rectify it right now.

Sometimes Kirby says things that do not encourage me. He still sees the solution as keeping things from becoming a "boat race" which is all fine and dandy IF we could do it.

www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/ki...s-to-avoid-boat-race

The problem is we've demonstrably proven we can't always do that and when it becomes that race, we are a cruiser up against jet powered speed boats.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
3 years 5 months ago #81306 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic From Athens - Friday Bye week #1 - 23-10-20
LSU showed the secret last year. Great schemes make a difference. Joe Burrough was not the key. That coach Brady was with his plays and play calling. We have to have the schemes. We have the athletes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds