Forum

Kirby WILL evolve

4 years 4 weeks ago #81059 by BulldogShannon
Kirby WILL evolve was created by BulldogShannon
This is the best analysis of KS I've heard yet. I've been one to say "Kirby is stubborn". I may be changing my mind. 247Sports makes a good comparison between Kirby and how Saban/Meyer evolved. I never thought of it this way.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• BulldogShannon
  • BulldogShannon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #81060 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Kirby WILL evolve
BDS,

Thanks for posting this. It was nice to have a 10 minute respite from the insanity of life right now.

Very solid analysis, and honestly, the coaching age thing was something that has never crossed my radar. I've been watching football for a long time and he's absolutely right about the fact that in 1980, someone Kirby's age and with his resume at the time wasn't taking over a Georgia program.

To me, the whole "Kirby is stubborn, he's not going to change" argument was squashed this offseason. Kirby even went farther than I thought he would. Even though I was alone in saying that Coley needed to go, I really didn't think he'd do it.

I do think we've turned the page and in a sense, I think we're seeing Georgia 2.0 under Kirby. If we have a football season this fall and an economy that supports it, I look forward to seeing how those changes shake out on the field.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.025 seconds