Forum

From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 14-02-20

4 years 2 months ago #81033 by yankeedawg1
From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 14-02-20 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Happy to be back in Athens. It was an awesome trip to Chicago (Waukegan) to attend grandson’s graduation from Navy Boot Camp.

Truly don’t miss snow and cold temperatures. More to my love of the south than biscuits and gravy ……

Scrooge is in his last four months of his contract. Could not believe that his tenure has been 10 years ….. seems like yesterday we were deep into the red pantie scandal of our previous AD’s trip to a martini bar in Marietta. Prez. Morehead says it’s up to Greg if he wants another contract extension. His current salary is 700K plus a boat load of perks…. Don’t think there’s much chance for him not to stick around for another tour…..

Heat is building for Coach Crean …. No secret our basketball team has under performed this season….. grumbling can be heard around the Steg…..

IMHO…. Talent is there but not the chemistry …… partly because of youth…however we are not playing up to our talent level.

Dust has settled over the 2020 recruiting class…. Again HC and staff went out and recruited quality players to fill position needs…. Very laser like…

Gone are the days of shotgun recruiting ……. I am hearing good things coming from or winter workouts …. Staff is pleased with the maturity of our upperclassmen taking leadership roles and mentoring the early signees…….. a very good thing… hopefully it continues thru spring ball and on into fall camp…..

Baseball is getting cranked up also …. Foley Field has had a major facelift…. Going to make a stronger effort to take in more games…

Saturday is looking like a mild day….. thinking about cranking the grill up ….. couple ribeye steaks…. See what the wife thinks about that idea…..

Pause and give thanks…

Have great weekend and a safe week….

As always “GO Dawgs"

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, SouthernDawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 2 months ago #81034 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 14-02-20
One star who plans to "one (maybe two) and done", doth not a basketball team make.

UGA's basketball program has been trash for quite a while now. No sense in sugar-coating anything.

Pretty sad with the money we have to throw at it.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #81035 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 14-02-20
I'm not a Basketball fan per se, but, that program is really embarassing for any UGA fan. It is the pits. If the same thing were going on with the Football program we'd be having a different conversation.......

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 2 months ago #81036 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 14-02-20
Wart....Chief....totally agree with your comments...

Maybe the perception that we are only a football school adds

To the challenges.... as ACC is a basketball conference except

Clumpson..... mystery to me why we can’t have both....

Changing HC’s. Several times Didn’t get us far ... bummer

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 2 months ago #81037 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 14-02-20

yankeedawg1 wrote: Wart....Chief....totally agree with your comments...

Maybe the perception that we are only a football school adds

To the challenges.... as ACC is a basketball conference except

Clumpson..... mystery to me why we can’t have both....

Changing HC’s. Several times Didn’t get us far ... bummer

There are plenty of other football heavy schools who either have solid or at least competitive basketball programs. Plenty of schools in the SEC also make it to the tourney.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds